Nazca decals a total fail story

Hello crowd

I'm really sorry to post something negative, but i'm being really wee weed off.

My story.

It all started somewhere around the last august (2012)

I have ordered a Revell's A319 kit off the Amazon.

As long as it was shipping i hesitated a bit and placed an order at Nazca decals for the D-AKNO decal.

As the crisis was unfolding i started to remember the exact date of the order - it was the September 27th. 2012.

At that time i was fully enthusiastic about this.

A remark in advance: yes, the Nazca decals is the only place where this decal is available

Some late october i began to worry about the order and sent some letters just to check if it was ever sent.

After few letters into nowhere i finally got a reply from Gaston that my order was dispatched on the 6th of October. (i assume 'dispatched' as 'printed and sent' but anyway - two weeks?????)

And also there was Gaston's remark about the bad russian post service blah-blah.

Somewhere late december i began bombing Gaston's email again, just to get the little reply that the decals might got lost and i should have put an order for the 'cerified mail' (additional 2.50)

I modestly asked to resend my order, but guess what the reply was? there was none!

Alright. The winter holidays have passed and the time is now like late January.

Again i'm sending letters to Gaston asking what would i do and receiving really short and mostly off-topic answers.

Okay.

Then i was on my vacation.

As long as i was back home and sorted all i've placed another order for the same decal (for christ's sake!) and this time certified mail.

It was mid March.

On the 4 of April i received a post service tracking from Gaston.

Oh, it's finally going to be done. Yes.

Just out of curiosity i checked the tracking a few days later, and guess what i found?

The postage was going to Chile!

Now i was really mad but reasoned myself that it was just a matter of stupid mistake in numbers.

I wrote another letter as polite as it could be asking Gaston to doublecheck the tracking number.

He replied that he made a mistake and provided the 'correct' number.

You know what?

It was the same!

It went to Chile.

Chile is the freaking other side of the globe.

I sent a letter asking Gaston to check the number again...and got no reply.

I'm really tired now, it's May, 2013, almost 9 months have passed.

9 months i'm checking my mailbox.

Everything eventually went in, except the Nazca decals.

Some 30 euros spent on two orders, and i got NOTHING

Now i'm considering washing off my plane and ordering some decals from the Draw decals.

The worst thing is that most of the time you just don't get a reply on your letter.

It's not that i insist you never use the Nazca service, it's just a story of mine.

So sad.

Steve

P.S. Here is the link to my build

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234931041-revell-a319-germanwings-1144-yes-another-one/

Edited by Sent-off

I'm not seeking to belittle your disappointment but your story certainly doesn't represent my experience of dealing with Nazca over many years. A couple of weeks ago I placed my latest order for three sheets - Sukhoi Superjet details, Sky "Adam and Eve" 734 and Pegasus "Beko" 738. They arrived within ten days or so (Germany to UK) which is about what I would expect.

BTW, I don't speak for other members of Britmodeller and I don't want to pre-empt the moderators but personally I would prefer that you didn't use expressions like "for christ's sake" when posting.

Edited by David G

Thanks, i read a lot of other feedbacks about Nazca decals and all of them were more or less successful. I assume this a matter of a sigle case and my own bad luck, but where the customer support gone?

Sorry about that expression, i'm not a native speaker and never thought it would hurt anyone's feelings.

Lets say i'm on the last stage of desperation.

Thanks. No hard feelings on my part but I felt I had to make the point. To encourage you to keep trying here's a picture of my build of D-AKNO on display at the East of Scotland Model Show last year. It wasn't an easy scheme to do but it was worth the effort. Good luck with your attempt.

SAM_0298.jpg

• Like 1

I thought Nazca was based in Germany... What does the Russian post has to do with anything?

This is because I'm based in Russia, so any post sending somewhere are 'handed over' to the local post service, i mean Deutsche Post cannot deliver in Russia. I guess same system is everywhere and post to the UK is always delivered by the Royal mail from some point.

And to be fair the same time span included several parcels from Italy (Discogs), from the UK (Hannants), from the U.S. (Contrails and Draw decals) and everything eventually was received by me thus i can't blindly blame the russian post service.

Edited by Sent-off

Deutsche Post.What a brilliant postal service that is (or was in 2000). I was working for Lufthansa at Stuttgart. My wife was sending parcels etc. Not one got through. Not because the address was wrong though. It was because my name wasn't on the front door or next to the front door, so Herr Briefträger Pat wouldn't deliver and sent the lot back to the UK. Cost a bomb to post the things twice. I doubt if its changed.

Once again, Americans who regularly trash the US Postal Service should read this thread. My local post office calls me if I get an express or insured delivery, and if they don't see me for a few days, they call to make sure I'm okay.

• Like 3

When I lived in Spain, the town had more than trebled in size. Two postman before the expansion and three after. Ours went off sick for a month,we got no post 'till he was well again. All you had to do was queue for 3 hours outside the sorting office to get your mail.In the middle of summer. Then find out you haven't got anything to pick up!

On a brighter note. When I was working in Oman, I posted a letter at Seeb airport around 10PM.My mum got it before lunch in England! OK,she lives four miles from Heathrow.

Not sure, could have done. I was based at Seeb but ended up going to the other bases. Worked on BAC 1-11,Hercs,Skyvan and Defenders.

Edited by bzn20

Once again, Americans who regularly trash the US Postal Service should read this thread. My local post office calls me if I get an express or insured delivery, and if they don't see me for a few days, they call to make sure I'm okay.

Might be your name?

Did you and I correspond about Oman? I was there in the early 1980s.

Were you, by any chance, in that,"place" just off the original Camel track (at Seeb end) from Seeb to Muscat ?

Edited by bzn20

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

sorry to learn of your experience but I have used and ordered Nazca decals on many occasions and would heartily recommend the make and vendor.

put it down to your order being a isolated experience although I do empathise

There most be a communications issue going on here cause NAZCA decals, Gaston,

is very reliable and very honest man.

He does have a job, airline captain, that keeps him very very busy.

Continue communicating with him and I am sure you will have the issue resolved.

I have been buying decals from Gaston for over 10 years with no issues at all.

As a matter of fact, I just received the 777-300 AA decals I ordered from him 15 days ago.

Walter

i'm not sure why anyone is bothering to post any more comments since shayadiehaai (who revived a 2013 thread) hasn't had the courtesy to acknowledge my post of 14 May. Most of us are ready and willing to help but ignoring someone who has taken the time and trouble to respond to your post is rude and disrespectful.