Glencoe Grumman Duck

Watch out for the paint trying to bead up on the rigging. That happened to my I-153 :(

Thanks Jessica, I've had that happen on other rigging too. I have decided to brush paint the Sea blue gloss as the original had a rough finish and it would save the problem with the rigging...........

008-1_zpsf432cf1d.jpg

And it seems to have worked out allright, I will have to be very careful with the matt varnish though.....

010_zps3dbc6ea7.jpg

Smudge

Nice brush finish there Smudge. I take it the thread for your nice taught rigging came from a WREN's stocking! The diorama is starting to take shape nicely.

Colin

• Like 1

The gloss sea blue matted down and some weathering have made the Duck look a lot lighter.......

004_zps6a56577a.jpg

I need to get some lettering for the sides and she is done and dusted.....

003-1_zps13f77c5f.jpg

002_zps8ccbdc1b.jpg

I'm thinking of some model boat lettering by Becc as they do them in small sizes (3mm)......

Smudge

• Like 1

Smudge your a bloody genius !

I often reflect reading these forums how a great many criticise new kits for not being quite right, but here you are doing something that is very close to my heart ACTUAL MODELLING ! and giving an old kit new life Damn the Torpedoes as they say !!!!!!!

Very well done and as we say ''downunder'' Good onya mate

(The above opinions are mine and mine alone no one helped me come to these conclusions flaming ,banning is approved !)

Cheers

That really is a bit nice, really really nice in fact. I can feel another duck kit coming on & another look at the movie. Hmmm Wrens stocking eh? Wouldn't be invisible mending thread would it? Have to say I like the Wrens stocking idea better, I'm a bit old fashioned myself. :lol:

Steve.

Thanks for the nice comments guys, it is appreciated.

Norman, genius, I don't think so, but I do like modelling the old fashioned way and although I don't mind all this resin /etched stuff, I still like to do my modelling with what I have available. Thanks mate for the nice thoughts.

Arniec, it is a cheap glass clip frame photo mount with Vallego water effects stippled on and painted green on the underside

Steve I too like Wrens stockings, prefferebly filled with a Wren though...(God the memories) :Tasty: ........Smudge

• Like 1