Glencoe Grumman Duck

After all the "fun" I had with the Glencoe Seabee, I thought I would get this out of the loft and give it a go......

003-4_zps90887f3f.jpg

Don't ask about the four fuselages, they were in the box when I bought it at the P.X. in Roosie roads, Puerto Rico, ($6.75)...there's two canopys and two engines as well..........

Smudge

Don't ask about the four fuselages, they were in the box when I bought it at the P.X. in Roosie roads, Puerto Rico, ($6.75)...there's two canopys and two engines as well..........

Haha! I thought I ought to lay off the wine when I saw that pic, unless it's a 'Twin Duck'? :winkgrin: I knew you couldn't resist starting another!

• Like 1

Haha! I thought I ought to lay off the wine when I saw that pic, unless it's a 'Twin Duck'? :winkgrin: I knew you couldn't resist starting another!

It's the little-known German version. Nazi spies stole the blueprints, but a gust of wind blew the drawings around while they were photographing them, and caused them to photograph the fuselage drawings twice. Thus was born the Heinkel He-122 Zwillingente. The concept was to have repercussions later on during the war...

• Like 2

Hi Smudge, It's looking rather good, nice selection of subject, I remember building the rather old Airfix kit too many years ago. I'll watch with interest.

Colin

• Like 1

It now has a basic detailed cockpit and the fuselages are glued together, I reckon one side was 1/48, the other 1/50, (they are that different) Perhaps that's why there were 4 fuselages??

003-1_zps31b61ba6.jpg

I will do a step-by-step on the base as I have been asked a few times about how I do them.....

Watch this space...........Smudge

• Like 1

Progress so far with the Duck...........Lower wings are on, well the upper surfaces are anyway. I'm going to try an experiment and attach the upper halves of the lower wings and the lower half of the upper wing, then rig it with Goldzack elastic thread in one length and, well, watch this space...

005-1_zpsdbfb4397.jpg

006-1_zps1ac6882d.jpg

007-1_zpsb9d763ff.jpg

Smudge

Top of lower wings and bottom of upper wing fitted successfully and I have had a play with the rigging trying to find a route to do it in one length....

001_zpsea4c2c9e.jpg

Also started a scenic base for it, with a jetty made from Subway coffee stirrers, the "muddy" water has not come out as I would have liked, so I need to play around with it a bit more.......

002_zpsf6c5de3d.jpg

I've used "Invisible" thread for the rigging as I found on the Web that the wires were painted blue like the airframe and they will be alright after spraying... :shrug: .....

003-1_zpsb25bf67b.jpg

Smudge