HMS Hermes catapult in 1/72 scale

H there

Well right now I´m in a middle of Midage modeller crisis after getting the wonderfull Italeri US Aircraft Carrier section (includes the jet blast and the catapult) now I´m planning to do more of these simple dioramas but lucky me Olimp Resins do the French and Russian Aircraft Section , for modern UK aircraft carrier no info needed because already on this site so after a brieft web searching I found 2 different dioramas but after trying to contact the modellers both email accounts long closed so I wonder

If someone around here can provide me with general dimension and or photos to do the '70s Jet blast section of HMS Ark Royal in 1/72 scale and maybe the aircraft involved will be a RAN Phantom from Fujimi

Of course photos and couseling regarding the RAN flight section and the vehicles much appreciated

You can send info to [email protected]

Best modelling

Armando

Edited by RAGATIGER

I was looking at simillar for the ark royal in 1/48, i might be able to find some useful info for you there.

One thing however, if you are doing hermes, phantoms were on the ark royal never on hermes.

Buccaneers, vixens or gannets for early 70's hermes!

Hio Omegaman

1000 Thanks for the correction, right now I was able to find some photos of models in 1/48 scale but still unable to find out the general dimensions, I consider this project a time project I already have the Fujimi Phantom but if time pass I´ll do a general wild wide guess!!!

BTW what was the normal ordenance for a ground attack shortie with RAN Phantoms

Cheers

Armando

Hi there

Well I just found the general drawings of the HMS Ark Royal

http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1745&start=20

So at last general dimensions so more detail need to look for tie down arrangement and distance between them, catapult general detail and so on

Bet modelling

Armando

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...