joint Warrior Tastic at a Sunny Leuchars

fmansam

Popped out for a quick catch of the visiting traffic, good to see Berry & Mark, and a wave from Gill.

With a little roadside assistance from Berry Vissers i managed to grab these shots from the return of the afternoon sortie...

Im very happy with the Hawkeye!!!

IMG_0705.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0726.JPG

IMG_0754.JPG

IMG_0763.JPG

IMG_07651.jpg

IMG_0778.JPG
  • Like 3

Not for long possibly. It was reported recently that the CdeG might be scrapped as part of major French defence cuts!

Ah, so we'll get a share of the razor blades if the balloon goes up and we need a carrier! That was the deal wasn't it?

Duncan B

Not for long possibly. It was reported recently that the CdeG might be scrapped as part of major French defence cuts!

By whom? I suspect that that was by the French equivalent of the Sun, feeding in the French MoD's equivalent of the bog-standard headlne-grabbing scare that the next round of defence cuts will mean the disbandment of the Red Arrows and/or the Dambusters. The French have far too developed a sense of gloire to allow that to happen.

Edited by Seahawk

By whom? I suspect that that was by the French equivalent of the Sun, feeding in the French MoD's equivalent of the bog-standard headlne-grabbing scare that the next round of defence cuts will mean the disbandment of the Red Arrows and/or the Dambusters. The French have far too developed a sense of gloire to allow that to happen.

Saw it in the Telegraph a couple of weeks ago but also reported here. http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/26/france-defence-idUSL5N0CI4QN20130326 & elsewhere. Interesting that politicians fear that cuts could threaten the Anglo/French defence agreement; I though we were managing that quite nicely ourselves!

Edited by Graham T

From the Reuters report: "Defence analysts say the worst case scenario, which could even include the sale of France's sole aircraft carrier named after former President Charles de Gaulle, is being floated to soften the blow when Hollande does decide."

I rest my case. Float (har, har!) some really daft options in a worst case scenario so that, when the cuts are actually announced, everyone breathes a sigh of relief and says "at least they didn't sell the CdG/disband the Dambusters/disband the Red Arrows" rather than looking at the irreparable harm actually being wrought elsewhere in the budget.

PS Who would they sell a nuclear-powered carrier to? China?

Thanks for posting,....it is certainly nice to see some naval fast jets wearing roundels in the UK again, even though the colours are the wrong way around!

Cheers

Tony O

Reported sale of the CdG is complete bullshit, only the word of a pseudo defense analyst from a low rank newspaper.

Way too many different reasons not to do this, the last one being to find a customer.

Never noticed before that those hawkeye were still showing their BuAer.