Revell 1/72 Tornado GR1 to GR4 conversion, 12 Sqn 90th Anniversary jet

MPaul

1/72 is so big when you have done some 1/144s beforehand, Dazz.

Its a pleasure to build too, the fit seems excellent so far.

A little more progress, the tub is fitted in the forward fuselage, and I have fitted the Eduard HUD in place of the kit item. The screen itself isnt on yet, as its quite fragile and so that will be fitted to the HUD before the canopy goes on.

20130421_091811_zpsdbce68b4.jpg

Main UC bays are painted and fitted and to the lower centre fuselage. They were a very light grey, but a couple of washes has darkened them a little now.

20130421_101028_zps4757285d.jpg

1/72 is so big when you have done some 1/144s beforehand, Dazz.

I've just ordered a Rafael in 1/72 in the ModelZone sale so I will be comparing that to my 1/144 example. Bet its a huge bugger.

Love the work on the cockpit thus far, very cool. :)

I was going to join in with a GR.1 from 12 Sqn, but I do not have any decals for it, it's 13 and 14 Sqn that I have... shame.

Keep up the work! :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Edited by Dazzio

I couldn't find the holes in mine for the IFR probe either! I ended up cutting off the locating lugs and fitting it later. Good work on the pit

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Andy, I am glad in a way that you had the same problem, made me think I was imagining it lol

Progress has been slow, well non-existant really over the last couple of weeks what with being ill, then the new arrival of an 8 week old kitten in the household, its been fun and games.

Still, its starting to look like a Tornado now:

20130514_195445_zps5f6e0333.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well, about time I made some progress. One thing after another with new flat, work and a life have got in the way of my modelling a bit.

20130604_162156_zps312dd799.jpg

You can see the FLIR from the Airfix Gr4

Intakes fitted

20130604_162213_zpsdcbbe8c5.jpg

First coat of paint

20130604_200743_zps34dc686d.jpg

Well, about time I made some progress. One thing after another with new flat, work and a life have got in the way of my modelling a bit.

I wouldn't worry about lack of progress. Of all the Tornado entries, only AndyC has actually finished one!

Looking good so far though.

Sean

• 3 weeks later...

Did a little more. The nose has come out a darker than I expected it to, so may have to lighten and add another coat, though it doesnt look that bad.

Also did a couple of the panels that were different shades on the real aircraft.

20130622_214312_zps6b7af4ef.jpg