Streem 1/72nd Su-24M Fencer D - Finished

Jabba

I have been into the loft and fished out the Stream (I think well it is all in Russian) 1/72nd model of the Su-24M Fencer D, which I will be making as an Iraqi Air Force version. As the batteries in my camera faded earlier today, I will get some photos as soon as possible.

Edited by Jabba

Here are some pictures of what I hoping to build.

The box

Su-24Fencer001_zpsabce8da8.jpg

The parts.

Su-24Fencer002_zps9fbbe702.jpg

The instructions.

Su-24Fencer003_zpse2c06d6c.jpg

The kit decals plus some extras and a Neomega cockpit that is meant for the Italeri kit, but I will see if it can fit in this one.

Su-24Fencer004_zps975e67b8.jpg

Some information.

Su-24Fencer005_zpsa95a11ae.jpg

If someone can confirm that this is the Stream kit I would be very grateful.

Edited by Jabba

Oh boy, this will be fun to watch! :popcorn:

So is it Stream, Streem, or Strim? I've read that the latter is actually the correct Anglicized spelling, but I was wondering if anyone knows.

Cheers,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Some work has been carried out with this kit, and I will hopefully post some photos this weekend. From another forum, I have seen the name of the manufacturer as Streem, and I will amend the titles at the same time.

I have tried to add some photos of my progress, but for some reason I don't know what as I do not know computers that well, there are not coming onto this page as they normally would. I have uploaded them to photobucket as normal, done the usual thing at my library, but when I post them here they are showing up as a line of text that would lead you to the photo on a seperate web page which then allows you to look at other pictures that I have taken which I do not want to happen. They would noramlly show up like the pictures above. I don't know waht to do so if anyone can advise me I would be very grateful, as I have just spent 1 and a half hours getting nowhere. I this does persist then I shall have to withdraw from thois group build.

Also does someone know how I can change my title as I have tried all the methods that I know to no avail.

Edited by Jabba

Also does someone know how I can change my title as I have tried all the methods that I know to no avail.

Have you tried editing your first post? Normally when you edit that it gives you the option of changing the title of your thread.

As for the pictures, have you been using the image code? If you copy and paste that, it should work.

Sean

As for the pictures, have you been using the image code? If you copy and paste that, it should work.

Sean

I have done everything as I normally would do when posting a photo. I did notice that when I tried to post a picture the now normal external box did not come up.

Have you tried editing your first post? Normally when you edit that it gives you the option of changing the title of your thread.

Thanks for that, now changed.

Is this the link that you've been using?

image_zpse04a5350.jpg

Copying and pasting that usually works.

Sean

That is the one that I am using, but it was not working like it normally does on Saturday. I have contacted Photobucket about it and will see tomorrow what they say. If they have nothing I will try again over this coming weekend.

Jabba,

Here are step-by-step instructions for posting picture using the "new" Photobucket and the "new" Britmodeller. Following these should work like a charm!

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234932831-posting-pictures-in-3xx-using-photobucket/#entry1212505

Cheers,

Bill

Well I think that I have got somewhere.

This picture show the wings all made up. in the kit they would have you making the wings so that the slats and flaps would also move, plus the wing pylon moving as the wings moved backward and forwards. This I did not want to do this as the mechanism did look rather flimsy and complicated when trying to add the wings and glue the fuselage together at the same time. I have also left off the pylon until later in the build.

Su-24Fencer006_zps69fe655c.jpg

Hopefull I wll have more pictures over the next few days, as at the moment I am losing the will to live.

Edited by Jabba

Su-24Fencer009_zps46261dfa.jpg

I've done that using the normal IMG code, so it may be your computer or browser.

Sean

I tried this again tonight but to no avail. I don't know why it would be my compuet or browser as nothing has changed from the time that I posted the pictures above. By the way and I do appreciate that you are trying to help, but may I ask how you got into my photobucket pictures?

I tried this again tonight but to no avail. I don't know why it would be my compuet or browser as nothing has changed from the time that I posted the pictures above. By the way and I do appreciate that you are trying to help, but may I ask how you got into my photobucket pictures?

Sorry, I meant to ask if I could do that. I just clicked on a picture and it came up with your library pictures. It didn't ask for anything, it just let me copy and paste the link.

Again, sorry if you didn't want me doing that, I'll ask first next time.

Sean

Sorry, I meant to ask if I could do that. I just clicked on a picture and it came up with your library pictures. It didn't ask for anything, it just let me copy and paste the link.

Sean

It's most likely due to his Photobucket Library being set as "public." I think it needs to be set that way, or we wouldn't be able to see his photos in this thread. But I've never actually tested that theory...

Cheers,

Bill

Here are some more pictures of my progress.

In this photo the lower fuselage halves have been joined together along with a couple of bulkheads. I have also put in place the upper parts of the main U/C, and I will add the lower parts much later so as not to break them off. Since this photo has been taken I have added the jet exhausts.

Su-24Fencer007_zpsfffa4723.jpg

This picture shows the nose U/C bay fitted to a forward fuselage. Why it is this big I do not know as not much sticks out from it, but it cannot be cut down as a lot of the struts are in the rear of the bay. In later pictures you will see what I mean.

Su-24Fencer008_zpsc3b70850.jpg

This picture show the cockpit set that now will not fit due to the size of the nose U/C bay. I think that I maybe able to use the side walls, plus the ejection seats and I have already fitted the control sticks to the kit cockpit.

Su-24Fencer009_zps46261dfa.jpg

This shows a dry fitting of the kit cockpit. I still have to fit the instrument panel which is in the process of being painted.

Su-24Fencer010_zpsd81f6ec0.jpg

This picture show how much of the nose U/C actaully sticks out from the forward fuselage if it was all joined together. So you can see why I ask that there is such a large bay when really it is not needed, and you could probably had a better cockpit added to the kit parts.

Su-24Fencer011_zpsc4b0df9b.jpg

any comments on the above are very grateful.

Edited by Jabba

I would use the full resin cockpit, and not use the kit nose gear bay. Figure out a way to attach the nose gear to the bottom of the resin cockpit, or to the fuselage itself.

Unless...are you supposed to cut out the front landing gear doors from the fuselage? Maybe they are molded in place for an in-flight model? If so, then more of the nose gear bay will be visible. What do the instructions say (in pictures)?

Cheers,

Bill

I would use the full resin cockpit, and not use the kit nose gear bay. Figure out a way to attach the nose gear to the bottom of the resin cockpit, or to the fuselage itself.

Unless...are you supposed to cut out the front landing gear doors from the fuselage? Maybe they are molded in place for an in-flight model? If so, then more of the nose gear bay will be visible. What do the instructions say (in pictures)?

Cheers,

Bill

Unfortunately due to the fact that the nose U/C bay is glued into position and that the struts that hold the nose U/C in position are mounted to the roof of the bay I am very reluctant now to do anything about it. There is also another problem with the resin cockpit that I did not mention and that it is too wide for the forward fuselage, so rather a lot of it would have to be removed to make it fit.

The Su-24 sits on the ground with the doors shut, and there is no mention in the instructions about cutting them away either. It just seems a bit of a waste having this massive bay whilst a more detailed cockpit would have been better.

Edited by Jabba

Sean

Just after I made my post I got a big window thing that came up that said that all pictures and media stuff that is posted on this site can be used by other members, so I guess this is how you were able to post that picture.

Jabba,

Here are step-by-step instructions for posting picture using the "new" Photobucket and the "new" Britmodeller. Following these should work like a charm!

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234932831-posting-pictures-in-3xx-using-photobucket/#entry1212505

Cheers,

Bill

Thnks for that I did get it to work, but still seems to take forever to post pictures, an hour to post 5 last night.

I'm not sure if I can help or not......

I'm using the new photobucket and have found once you are in the library where you have the photos you want to use.

Just click on the photo you would like to upload.

1, The screen will go from a multi image view to one with the image you selected is the main image and thumb nail images at the bottom.

2, On this screen you should now have the main image you selected, there maybe arrows that allow you to move back or forwards through you image library.

3, On the right hand side you will see "Links to share this photo", on the second line down it will show "direct" with "https://i1224.photobucket..." (for example).

4, Click on this box and it should turn yellowish (sometimes you have to click on it a couple of times) colour, the bow should then say "copied".

5, Now in the Britmodeller window find the icon in the green box, second row down, 11th icon in will show “image” if you hold the mouse over it.

6, Just click this and right mouse click paste once the box opens, this should place the photobucket lick into this box, and then click ok.

All going right the image will now appear. Hopefully this helps.

Does seem a huge wheel bay for something that normally isn’t seen!

Nice aircraft, will follow with interest

This project maybe terminated. Last night I put together the wings and fuselage halves, which seemed to be alright. This morning however I had a look at the model, and eveything seems to be pointing in different directions. On wing seems flat while the other droops down at an angle, and when I level out the fuselage, the main U/C parts do not appear to be level either. I will have a real good look at it over the next few days and decide what I can do.