++ FINISHED PHOTOS ++ - 1/48 Eduard Sukhoi Su-17M3 "Fitter"

trickyrich

Luverly! Britmodeller has become the spiritual home of the Fitter! I never saw so many awesome Sukhois in one place.

(OK guys, you can stop now. PLEASE!)

there's probably room to FIT a few more in! :rofl:

wow, congratulations! :wow:

you even managed to finish it on time!!!!

mine is still eagerly awaiting some paint ;)

awesome cannon (pods and wing wing root mounted ones)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

really like your weathering,

detail work on gun pods and pylons!

R-60 colors and decals!! (they are resin I suppose?)

GREAT!

and you are right,

"there's probably room to FIT a few more in! :rofl:"

it will be an even FITTER site then!

R-60 colors and decals!! (they are resin I suppose?)

They are Aires Aero Bonus one's, not too bad though the quality wasn't the best, sort of wonder if they were copies or not! They were a real pain to assemble as the fins are tiny, the carpet monster got a couple. Could be bothered with the decals as probably would have lost the rest!

I really enjoyed building this one, and looking forward to seeing some more updates on your beasty.

We could always get a FLATPACK FITTER to help the FARMER to do some FREESTYLE FENCERS under the FRESCO’s as long as they don’t FLOUNDER with the FLASHLIGHT and mistake the FISHPOT for the FLAGON and release the FOXHOUND called FANG that chases the FROGFOOTed FULLBACK carrying the FEATHER and the FLIPPER into FRITZ’s FACEPLATE who FINish up in the FIRKEN FISHBED!

It would all BACKFIRE on us then! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Superb, excellent finish, love the weathering :thumbsup:

How did you remove the paint for "shipping" ?

Cheers, Ragnar

thanks for that.

The paint chipping was quite simple, the real trick was the undercoat. I like to use Model Master Metalizer Lacquers (guess Alclad would work), in this case Buffing Aluminium, which once dried is polished. Next the acrylic paint (enamel works just as well), because the surface is polished the paint does not adhere very well. Once they dry to chip the paint I either use blu tack/stick tape for leading edges. Or the rounded back of a scribing tool (dentist tools are also good, just need a rounded smooth back) and gently rub it backwards and forwards across the panel line until the paint starts to flake away along the edges.

It takes a little bit of practise but does give you realistic chipping, well it actually is chipped. Just need to make sure you clear coat over top to seal. Plus if you take too much off it's just an easy job to spray paint the section to be touched up, just like the real thing. Gives you a nice uneven finish just like a well used aircraft.