GB Chat

Woohoo! As soon as my airbrush's replacement needle tube arrives, I'll be able to get down to business! I'm thinking an Op Ellamy Tornado GR4.

If I don't pull my finger or by the start of this GB i'll have 4 GB's and 5 models going on at once........... :frantic:

least the carpet monster will be well fed!!

Actually looking forward to this, have an 1/48 Eduard Su17-M3 all ready and waiting.. :D

I'd better do something about my camera then: it stopped working a few weeks ago, and I think the problem can't be solved. New camera will be the only solution I fear... in the meantime, I'll have to post pictures using my mobile phone.

Oh, forgot to mention, the plan is still to build the Academy MiG-23 with RV decals

• 2 weeks later...

Well, apart form a handful of others, the two big aircraft most seem to favour for this GB are the Tomcats and Tornados. There are going to a be a nice variety of each, and will be following all builds with interest.

Only just realised this GB is up and running.

I've got an Airfix 1/48 Tornado ADV with decals for Red Zebra.

Might have cockpit completed - it's been in my loft for years, so I'll have to check.

Currently steaming ahead with a float-plane - but hope to join you soon.

Edited 21 April.

Zebra F3 has been retrieved from the loft.

Unstarted and has Aeroclub white metal undercarriage parts.

Missiles are probably in another box - but looks OK otherwise.

I'll be with you soon.

Edited by theplasticsurgeon
  • Like 1

Would like to join you when I get my 1/144 LCAC out of the way. I was intending to have a go at the Academy Aussie F-111 but then realised I had the Trumpeter 1/32 Flogger and I think that might be more fun?

Will

• 2 weeks later...

What to do? I feel inspired by this GB and I know that I want to build an F-111 'Vark. Never ever done one in any scale and a 'McNamara's Folly' in 1/48th scale does appeal to me. The F-111 is a bit like a MiG-23 in that it looks like a drag racer; long, low, very sleek. Problem is that I have been away for two weeks summer hols and now away next week on a course so by the time I start I have just 7 weeks to make a model, in real life this is very little time indeed.

I have six 1/48th 'Varks in the stash. The Monogram F-111A, Academy FB-111A and EF-111A, 'new' Academy F-111C, and the Hobbyboss F-111A and EF-111A.

The Hobbyboss kits look superb and need more than 7 weeks so they are out. The Monogram kit is seriously not good however if chosen it would be quick and easy though not sure about the upper and lower fuselage joins by the cockpit. Alternatively it could be a parts donor; the tail fin should enable the Academy EF-111A to be built as an F-111A, and the 'short' wings should enable the Academy F-111C to be built as an F-111E or an F-111F (I think).

So a week to make up my mind :)

Michael

A thought: Does an X-Wing count as swing-wing :banghead:

Arguments against: The wings move up/down rather than swinging forward/backward.

Arguments for: They're opened/closed in-flight to obtain different performance characteristics.

technically I would have thought it would as it does meet the criteri a "swinging wing".

Though I bet there are some who would willingly argue that point! :argue::P

• 1 month later...

Well as nobody else is saying it well done to everyone that took part and to those that posted the great builds in the Gallery. I've not heard from anyone about a poll so I'm presuming there isn't going to be one. As such I will leve the Gb in place till the weekend then move it to the completed area.

Once again well done all.

Well as nobody else is saying it well done to everyone that took part and to those that posted the great builds in the Gallery. I've not heard from anyone about a poll so I'm presuming there isn't going to be one. As such I will leve the Gb in place till the weekend then move it to the completed area.

Once again well done all.

There's only 16 models in the Gallery so why not have a poll? No need for prizes or that kind of stuff, but a poll should be easy to set up. Or (channeling my workplace) should we have a poll first to decide if we want a poll? :):):)

Cheers,

Bill

yes but first we need a committee to decide if we need a poll to decide we want a poll, so we'll need to have a poll to decide who will be on the committee to decide if we need a poll, to decide if we want a poll, so for that to happen we need....... :banghead:

yes I’m bored on shift.......

yes but first we need a committee to decide if we need a poll to decide we want a poll, so we'll need to have a poll to decide who will be on the committee to decide if we need a poll, to decide if we want a poll, so for that to happen we need....... :banghead:

yes I’m bored on shift.......

Don't forget the secret vote to elect a committee to decide if we need a committee to order donuts for the meetings. :)

Cheers,

Bill