Brengun 1/72 Bachem Ba-349A Natter

Hi, all

I have noticed a lack of this model on forums so I thought I'd give it a go whilst I decal some Spifires.

8634390060_799743b602_c.jpg

8634389664_1648a1471a_c.jpg

8634389454_18d9c4448a_c.jpg

Also worth mentioning is the fact that the parts aren't numbered on the sprew, this lead me to having to keep referring to the instructions for any multiple parts to make sure the weren't number specific.

And the funny looking T thing near the top right of the sprew shot is actually two peices, the control stick and the foot rest (pedals supposedly). On the location diagram in the instructions they are shown seperately. So you have to carefully seperate them.

So far I have Pledged the canopy and managed to paint and assemble the cockpit, rocket exhaust and the fuselage halves.

8633282333_07117a991c_c.jpg

8634389070_b83638fdd6_c.jpg

8634388962_fe6270cb9b_c.jpg

8634388830_81976cd3ea_c.jpg

Next up I'll give the cockpit a wash and seal up the fuselage halves.

Ashley.

Hi all.

Whilst installing the cockpit into the fuselage I noticed that the control stick was in the way of the control panel. So I had to tilt it back to fit the cockpit in.

8634391163_4ba8dabdee_c.jpg

Once the cockpit and the rocket exhaust was secure I glued the fuselage halves together and taped them with Frogtape Delicate, as it is exactly the same as Tamiya tape but you get more for your money.

8634390537_2abac20b9f_c.jpg

TTFN Ashley.

Looking good! I don't think you will be disappointed with the finished article; one of the chaps in our club brought a finished one of these along to a meeting and it looked great. Shame they forgot to inlude the transparant nose cap in the kit though.

Martin

Hi, all.

Not much modelling done yesterday owing to the fact I had to manufacture some seat mounts for the Metro.

Anyway, managed to fit the canopy after a long fight with the quality of the glazing. Following the first application of Pledge it went spotty, so I decided to remove the first coat and thoroughly cleaned it with white spirit and a cotton bud. Second coat went on better, no spots although one side was a little misted.

I've put down the start of the camouflage, RLM 76 undersides, RLM 75 upper for now. The stippling was done with an old peice of sponge.

8641514937_d96e7141bb_c.jpg
8641514611_89fe5f7caf_c.jpg

The not so eagle eyed will probably spot the large gap at the front of the canopy, and the clearfix i'm using to fill it. The gap didn't look so big before the paint . I promise.

TTFN Ashley.

Nice to see one of these being built, I quite fancy doing one myself. I might go for a larger scale though - I think there is a kit out there with a launch tower. I will be a the Scottish Nationals in a few weeks time so will have a look.

Cheers,

Nigel

Nice to see one of these being built, I quite fancy doing one myself. I might go for a larger scale though - I think there is a kit out there with a launch tower. I will be a the Scottish Nationals in a few weeks time so will have a look.

Cheers,

Nigel

Hi, Nigel.

I belive the one with the tower is the Dragon/DML 1/48 release. I almost brought one on ebay until I realised the scale. I'm limited by space hence 1/72 scale.

Hi all.

Not a lot of progress, but at least it's some after drooling all over Airfix's new Dambuster. I now have my next project lined up.

So I cleaned up the panelline in front of the canopy and touched up the RLM 75 and stippled it further down the fuselage.

Then I added the RLM 74 patches. I first painted them, then I stippled over them to give a sprayed look.

8646579878_94909019f8_c.jpg

8646579472_ae073454d3_c.jpg

I've also weathered the wooden support and have almost finished the booster rockets.

TTFN Ashley.

Hi all,

Decals are on as well as the booster rockets.

Decals are made up of kit decals, Xtradecal HakenKreuz, Aeromaster Balkenkreuz's and the red 5 is a spare from a PM Lippisch.

8651742097_7c32f3f6b1_c.jpg

8651741593_7a537dd246_c.jpg
All that's left is to mask the canopy and spray on a matt coat, before giving it a final wash to tone down the white Balkenkreuz's.

TTFN Ashley.

• Like 1