1/48 F-18C Finnish Air Force

Hi,

"There are many like it, but this one is mine". The Hornet in 1/48 is prehaps not the rarest object out there B) This one is a Finnish Air Force F-18C, HN-431 from HLLv 21. The build is inspired by two pictures of HN-431 taken on a highway strip in Lusi 2011 that I have found on the net (link and link).

It is Hasegawa OOB except for decals and Sidewinders. This is a bird that has been sitting on my workbench for quite some time, actually over a year. However, finally finished and Ready for Inspection, so thank's for looking :)

Hornet%25201.jpgHornet%25205.jpgHornet%25203.jpgHornet%25204.jpgHornet%25207.jpg

Cheers!

/Fred

• Like 4

Totally awesome Fred. I'm just finishing a Spanish EF-18C, which is the Hasegawa kit, and I' ve loved it. ours however is a fanatic model, well done.

Very cool! The diorama base really adds context to your work - really nice.

I too have got a Hasegawa Hornet waiting to become a Spanish bird but due to the sheer amount of resin and super-detailing I've got planned I haven't yet found the strength!

Good to see yours finished so nicely!

Very nice model!

Great base and painting/ weathering!

Very realistic looking , too few finnish birds around!

one small thing if you don't mind:

is it me or does the tank sit quite far apart from its pylon, compared to the photos of the real thing?

where did you source the double sidewinder pylons from? Wolfpack- Design?

Thanks, Werner

Edited by exdraken

Looks great, I too am intrigued about the source of the double trouble 'winder pylon. A great looking model, very nice weathering and I like the display. Top stuff.

one small thing if you don't mind:

is it me or does the tank sit quite far apart from its pylon, compared to the photos of the real thing?

where did you source the double sidewinder pylons from? Wolfpack- Design?

I do not mind at all, and you are right, it sits to low. Well, it is an OOB build so I have not made any extra plastics at all on this one (only some led wire cabeling on the landing gear). Can I blame the kit designer? ;)

The pylons are from the Weapons Set E, as is the AIM-9x. The other one is Kinetic I think.

Decals are F-4Dable Models except from the Lynx and the 31 on the fin. Those are home made and printed on decal film.

Edited by CanDid
  • Like 1

Very nice! Bravo!

Great looking model! I am not sure if you needed to add the three little right-angled bits at the inner root of the tails though: I think they are only for -A Hornets.

Arnaud

• 8 months later...