1/72 AZmodel Grumman Goose, Loftleidir

interior finished and almost ready to close the fuselages...

Kristal clear used for windows.

I have no idea what color the interior was on TF-RVG so painted cockpit-green, light-gray and green. Green and cocpit green looks almost identical should have choice another color instead of green. Doors are woodbrown and seats leatherbrown.

a-1.jpg

b-1.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

• Like 1

Cliff... canopy beeing in two halves made things more difficult for me.... but the main problem was the fit... there was gaps everywhere.... :(

Mach... I did watch the first episode, interesting seeing the Goose in action ;)

The instruction did not show anything about the undercarriage, so I took a wild guess with the parts left (still some parts left unused).

The "teardrop shaped thing", had to remove it and position it more backward after looking at the Loftleidir photo.

Most parts now glued on, painting next....

w4.jpg

almost finished ;)

I am not good at rigging so I gave up on the X rigging on the floats :chair:

The orange TF-RVG on the sides, the decals were to transparent. I was thinking of printing them on white decal paper but I think they are to small for cutting out ? I then brush painted them on :yikes:. Any tips how this should be done with decals ? (for next time )

Then when I was going to Google the old Loftleidir logo for the decals...... nothing ! :rant: I will have to look at some books to try to find it.

54.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

Looks very nice Pabbi. :)

Did you print the orange decals yourself on an inkjet? If so try printing off multiple copies and layering them one on top of another on the aircraft to get the colour density you need. I know it increases the thickness of the decal, but this may be a small price to pay.

Cheers

Cliff

Did you print the orange decals yourself on an inkjet? If so try printing off multiple copies and layering them one on top of another on the aircraft to get the colour density you need. I know it increases the thickness of the decal, but this may be a small price to pay.

yes with inkjet printer, I did try two decals on top of another without getting any better colour density. I will test if this works on an "abandoned" plane ;)

I tried putting decal over the brush painting, and it looks a little better, takes away the "brush feel" :whistle:

55.jpg

Great result Pabbi! :)

Is this part of a wider Loftleidir collection?

Cliff

Thanks, Carlos and Cliff :)

The Goose is my Loftleidir nr. 4,5 (the DC10 beeing half Icelandair and half Loftleidir Icelandic :) )

c.jpg

PBY-5A Catalina, Airfix 1/72

10ff.jpg

Dakota DC-3, Airfix 1/72

f1.jpg

DC-6B Super Cloudmaster, Heller 1/72

f7.jpg

DC-10, Airfix 1/144

• 11 months later...