Trumpeter 1/35 KV-122

Hi all,

this is my KV-122 made oob from trumpeters excellant kit, painted using vallejo model air and weathered with various AK interactive products,

let me know what you think of the mud, im still undecided weathe ri like it or not :)

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

• Like 1

That's a very nice looking model!

I think you've done a great job on varying the tone of the green, and the chips and scrapes look very realistic.

As for the mud, nothing wrong there!

These machines did get plastered in muck and if anything, you may consider adding a bit more on the the top of the mud gaurds as the tracks does chuck the stuff around!

Great looking model! :goodjob:

I love it from the mudguards upwards. But I think the mud effect may be a little overdone. If you were after depicting a tank that's just stopped in a morass, it looks just right (although some darker, wetter-looking patches would improve it further). But if it's been on the move: the wheels tend to shed loose mud as they turn and there would very rarely be lumps of mud connecting wheels to tracks; the rims are generally scrubbed clean and on a KV series should be showing some bare metal; as they do this, they scrub clean paths along the inner faces of the tracks; and at the rear end of the KV hull there are mud scrapers that are designed to clean quite a lot of filth off the tracks before they head forward again.

I see you like to show off. :shutup:

Rightly so. :bobby:

Tis a nice piece of work you have done here.

The KV kit is a good example of this tank.

The mud is fine, but you missed the bullet holes(joke) :winkgrin:

Other than that its a master piece :coolio: