Revell Lockheed Hudson

Max Headroom

• 2 years later...
On 1/21/2018 at 5:02 PM, Max Headroom said:

@gamevender Nice job!

I really must get back to this but I have a queue at the moment. Maybe in the latter half of 2018!

Trevor

Hi Trevor!

It's time to 'revive" this little gem!

Just a quick question; do you know if it's possible to build a Ventura from this kit? If so, what sort of modifications does it require?

Cheers,

Bill

12 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

It's a major rebuild of fuselage and engines, with a touch on the wing and tail.  Much better to get a Ventura kit.

Cheers Graham.

It's a hard to find - at a logical price - kit these days! Even Kingkit doesn't have it. Specifically, I'm referring to the Minicraft kit.

Looks like this will also end to the "future-purchase&build" list!!!:hmmm:

29 minutes ago, Shalako said:

do you know if it's possible to build a Ventura from this kit?

Anything can be converted into anything with enough sheet plastic, epoxy putty and cannibalisation. But, as Graham says, it would be a major undertaking.

The Academy / Minicraft kit is the way to go for a 1/72 Ventura. They are pretty readily available from the usual second-hand dealers and eBay. You will find examples knocking about under both the Academy and Minicraft brand names.

A slightly shorter approach would be from the Special Hobby Lodestar, but still a considerable trudge compared with picking up one of the several Minicraft options.  You don't say just which kind of Ventura you want: basically they are B-34/RAF variants or PV variants.  Not that the "PV" wasn't operated by British/Commonwealth units, but it is a bit less iconic for them.  Getting the wrong basic variant would rather spoil your day.

20 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

You don't say just which kind of Ventura you want

I'm interested to build the "yellow/black" Ventura that Aviaeology offers in one of their decals' sheets (AOD72035 - "Venturas in Canada 4").

Here's a link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aviaeology-decals-1-72-PV-1-Venturas-in-Canada-Pt-4/124472946973?hash=item1cfb2a711d:g:TiUAAOSwvddfy9lH

Blimey, this is a blast from the past. 

Let’s say 2021 for this 😁

@Shalako there is always the Frog PV-1 option of you fancy a bit of graft to bring it up to scratch. Go up a scale and Revell do both the PV-1 and B-34 in 1/48.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ll re read my thread to remind myself how much of a horror this kit is...........

Trevor

• Haha 3