Revell Lockheed Hudson

Max Headroom

From my recollection, my MPM one needed 2 mm of shims in front of the windscreen to get the nose transparency to fit- though the nose still needed considerable sanding to fit well. Mine has been waiting a good few years for me to have the courage to face the engine installation.

• 11 months later...

On reflection I think I read the instructions incorrectly. I thought that shims needed removing from the nose as per the instructions.

I now believe that these should be added........if so, will that throw out the transparencies?

Hmm, maybe a dram of courage will be needed when I get back to the modelling groove.

Trevor

Hi Max

any update on this "interesting" model? I only ask as I have gone and bought one (and yes, I had read this review and several others elsewhere so I have no one else to blame but myself) and was hoping your dram of courage had worked? I have a nice bottle of Laphroaig sitting staring at me and I need to know if I should hide it before I start or should I just go straight to the bottle and see if working drunk will make things easier?

Cheers

DC

Brave..........

No pressure then. Ok I'll rummage around for some mojo and do some more. I've got to finish something for 2014!

I think the first thing that needs to be done is to pay attention to the bulkheads as it is obvious that they need shaving to fit properly. If you look at some of the photos above for the dry fit, they are responsible for splaying the fuselage halves.

Trevor

. Ok I'll rummage around for some mojo and do some more.

I think the Laphroaig Dave suggested is just the right stuff for this model. Preferrably cask strength (Caol Ila cask strength may just not be strong enough).

• Like 1

Trouble is, of I indulge in the Celtic fire water I'll see double and end up making two!

Seriously though, as this is on people's radar again I will have to give it another splurge of my attention.

Trevor

Hi Dave,

It's not o/t as we are discussing indispensable aids in building the Revell Hudson :drink: Thanks for the tip, I must give it a try, but do I have to buy three Hudsons then (cask strength probably leads to triple vision) ?

Edited by tempestfan

There are six UK versions of the type then the USSAF and USN Navy versions.

That's a lot of firewater.

I will prolly have a bash at the model tomorrow night and see how far I get......malt free (for now)

Trevor

• 3 years later...

Not yet, not yet........

Maybe this year. I’ve resolved not to buy any kits this year (the Daily Mail Spitfires don’t count) so it may well get its turn.

Ive been thinking of the bulkheads because they fit whee they touch. I met well use them as templates for plasticard replacements and correct the outline errors.

Others have successfully battered this into submission (I think Ced B?) if you do a search.

Trevor

On 18/01/2018 at 2:15 PM, John_W said:

Finished mine eventually.

It was hard work.

20170905_151230

Nice job,...it`s no shake and bake is it? Haha,.....but would you build another?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John_W said:

With Eduard masks for the nose and turret it might be less painful.

Will wait out for Airfix to do a remould...

It'll take more than a set of masks.  Quite apart from the formidable and well-attested fit problems, the turret looks like a goldfish bowl because it has been moulded symmetrical when it is not (steeper curve on back than on front).  It needs replacement with an Aeroclub Hudson turret or maybe one from a Revell Halifax.

Like the idea of a new one from Airfix but think that, in their current financial state, it may be some way down their list.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JWM said:

Interesting scheme - do you know perhaps what is the story of it? 

Regards

J-W

I think it was part of Sydney Cotton’s camouflage experiments. Obviously that particular combination never made the cut!

Trevor

• Like 1