Welcome and GB rules

Hi folks, we'll here we go, been looking forward to this for some time.

Cliff is co-hosting with me on this one so any questions please feel free to ask.

Entries shouldn't be more than 25%ish built at the time of starting, but we're happy to be generous in our assessments in order to see more builds going on.

Not planning on having a poll at the end as I just want people to enjoy the building and the participation.

Have fun everyone!

Edited by Doug Rogers

I wonder if this one may enter:

Do26.jpg

Airmodel Dornier Do 26. Work done so far: all parts cut, wing center section glued, streched sprue glued to the chine lines in order to have sharp edges, some work done on the tail. Also began to scratch build the interior.

What do you say?

Carlos

Hi Carlos

I'd say that you've probably now just got to the point where most of us will be starting - i.e. a collection of bits! It would be great to have a Do.26 in the Group Build - welcome on board.

When I read elsewhere that you were about to start a Do.26, I assumed that it would be the Mach 2 injection moulded kit. 50:50 which would be the most challenging build....

Cliff

Ok guys, I'll try to finish this one in time.

The kit is out of production, and you may see by the photo how the plastic yellowed. After cutting the parts they conform very well to the accompanying plan (reproduced from a 1939 issue of Flugsport magazine).

I don't know the Mach 2 kit, but some refer it as a challenge. The A-model one will be probably much better. However, the Mach 2 Blohm und Voss Ha139 seems to be quite buildable.

Carlos

Much as I hate to turn people away Ray, I think a Helicopter is just taking it a little too far off at a tangent.

Now if you want to do a 'What If' by sticking the floats onto an aircraft kit...

No problem Doug, just thought I would ask. I do have a couple of other contenders including a Catalina, Sandringham and a couple of Canadair water bombers that would fit the bill.

I just need to clear the bench of a couple of other projects....

Need another rule call here: This is a started Do-24. What I've done is glue together the tailplane and the wing plus used up copious amounts of filler on the wing joins. Still not done with that.

8658636308_5d52a4ced1.jpg

If that's not OK I've got a Walrus that's been calling from the closet for a while so I'm well set either way!

Need another rule call here: This is a started Do-24. What I've done is glue together the tailplane and the wing plus used up copious amounts of filler on the wing joins. Still not done with that.

8658636308_5d52a4ced1.jpg

If that's not OK I've got a Walrus that's been calling from the closet for a while so I'm well set either way!

I'll lobby for you. Dorniers are beautiful boats, and particularly the Do 24.

Carlos