Humbrol Clear (125ml)

Paul A H

Hmm, reopening this one - just put a thinned down coat of Clear over a Vallejo acrylic base (left 24 hours to dry before putting humbrol clear on) - it seems to be lifting the paint with it when brushing - not good!

Any ideas? Alternatives to this?

Thinned how? Ive used it straight out the bottle over vallejo model colour, revell aqua and humbrol, and slightly thinned with water. No issues.

Hmm, reopening this one - just put a thinned down coat of Clear over a Vallejo acrylic base (left 24 hours to dry before putting humbrol clear on) - it seems to be lifting the paint with it when brushing - not good!

Any ideas? Alternatives to this?

Take a look at what it did to the gloss finish on my lifeboat. You can just about make out the smooth finish prior to applying the Humbrol Clear to compare it with the effects afterwards. http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234955385-airfix-lifeboat/

This had over a week to dry before the Clear coat went on. I'll never use it again.

I hope you can rescue your paintwork.

Cheers,

Paul

• 2 months later...

I am about to try this product for the first time using my airbrush. I was wondering approximately how long should I wait between coats? 20 mins enough?

Any experience using it on top of Humbrol enamel?

• 2 years later...

Thanks Paul and dadgaddad for their hlp here. I was almost committing to buy the Tamiya X-22 as a varnish but your post as put me right and I have gotten the Humbrol Clear instead. 

• 5 months later...

Hello, i have problem with spraying this Humbrol product by airbrush. It comes out very slowly just like not well thinned. I didn't use any thinners. Just shaked the bottle before using. Anybody have similar problem? Do you thinning this product with something? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Is that Klear stuff anything like Pledge Future floor finish? Not sure if they sell that over in Europe, but I use it for all my gloss clear coat needs and it is still produced and sold. 

I'd be curious to try out this Humbrol stuff though.