Fairchild AU-23A Peacemaker, Budget Gunship

Hi Everyone,

Hope you don`t mind me showing you some pic`s of my Roden 1/48 scale AU-23A Peacemaker from my Special Ops corner that was photographed in sunnier times

KEZrBuE.jpg

Done as an COIN evaluation aircraft of 4400th Special Operations Squadro, USAF, circa 1972

MAYz3yB.jpg

Built OOB with just antenna and seat belts added

YDnSBNQ.jpg

Building the minigun was very fiddley

VmTE6hm.jpg

but the rest was a fairly easy build

fWR02n7.jpg

as Roden builds go

LAHPkYr.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking at.

Happy modelling....

• Like 5

Thats awesome. A harmless little turbo prop, turns evil killing machine, totally love it.

• Like 1

Can't say i know anything about this aircraft, but you have made a very nasty looking thing to be on the receiving end of, looks great

• Like 1

Different but kind of cool too when you think about it. Nice job again Russ.

Edited by Firebird
  • Like 1

Good work there Russ - lovely finish. I echo Enzo on the exhaust - lovely!

As the others have suggested - it's a mean s.o.b.!

cheers

Rick

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Typical Roden really Mark...lots of preparation and dryfitting. Fuselage fit is a little awkward and all mating edges need to be sanded - I even cut locating plugs down or off to get better fit.

Don't get me wrong, when finished it will look the biz, I've ordered a QB resin prop and exhaust as the kit prop looks wrong and the exhaust will have a seam up the inside. I believe the chin rad 'look' is wrong but I decided to leave 'as is'.

Lastly, the decals are a bit suspect, so I will be copying Russ's example as there will be no shark mouths to fit!

HTH

• Like 1

Typical Roden really Mark...lots of preparation and dryfitting. Fuselage fit is a little awkward and all mating edges need to be sanded - I even cut locating plugs down or off to get better fit.

Don't get me wrong, when finished it will look the biz, I've ordered a QB resin prop and exhaust as the kit prop looks wrong and the exhaust will have a seam up the inside. I believe the chin rad 'look' is wrong but I decided to leave 'as is'.

Lastly, the decals are a bit suspect, so I will be copying Russ's example as there will be no shark mouths to fit!

HTH

Yeah I know what you mean, Roden Decals can be very testing, I have had success with Johnsons Klear and a Hair drier to get them to bed down but compound curves I generally avoid.

What is the issue with it??? I'm looking to get the Air America version at some point...

Cheers Mark, I keep meaning to pick up one of those too, I would probably look into painting the blue parts though.

Or I might look into doing it as a CAS plane if I can find a good picture when I come to do it as they may not have had such a flamboyant paint job, and they worked in parallel with Air America in Laos.