Gripen

horrido109

Hi everybody. This is a commission of an early Gripen I did for someone. The instruction was specifically not to apply any national markings on the aircraft. All comments welcome. Thanks for looking.

-61_zps86858663.jpg

Victor

Well done Victor! Looks good to my eyes!!

Is it canvas board, or illustration board? Acrylics or Oil? Is there any site to see more of your works?

Keep up the effort!!!! :clap2:

Thank you for the kind words. It is canvas stretched over a wooden frame. The medium is oil. I'll post some pictures of my other work on here as well.

Regards

The aircraft look well painted . The background is too flat / simplistic to me - but that may be how you intended it to come out not to detract from the aircraft . Just my personal slant .

Unfortunately the client presented me with a picture he took off our south-eastern coast on a stormy afternoon and insisted on the same background. Personally not what I would have liked.

Edited by horrido109
  • Like 1

Great looking painting Victor. Just one crit though and an easy one to sort out, the cloud that stops in front of the aircaft stops the flow a little and takes away the sense of speed. I hope you don't mind but I've added a little on photoshop just to give you an idea.

-61_zpscbeaead7.jpg

Cheers,

Terry

Hi Terry. Thank you for the constructive criticism. I totally agree with you. As I mentioned earlier though I was restricted to a specific scene and the client wanted that exact background. There are many changes I suggested to the background, but to no avail. It is quite amazing what a change it makes, thanks for showing it. I like it like that.