Airfix 1:72 Vampire T.11

If you can get the scenery part as good as the model, I think you are onto a winner here.

Martin

Thanks guys!

You know, I wasn't really going to add scenery to it originally. Now I am. I blame you.

You shouldn't have had such a good idea in the first place. This form is crammed full of chaps and chapesses who will egg you on to all sorts of daft ideas: guess how I know?

Martin

S T O P

this is exactly where she needs to be "finish-wise"

Old bedraggled and unused

simply paints the picture you set out from the start

Now you need that "unused piece of apron, the tatty bit where everything ends up one day"

She looks horrible but she looks bloomin' magnificent too

Learning to fly in her would have been a rare privelege, and it looks like it was

I just love her

b

Looking really excellent, one thing I notice on aircraft left to the elements is the green algae especially on the top surface of the wings, also are you going to have the tyres flattened a bit

Don't worry, Perdu, I'll take my time doing it..

Kevin, believe it or not, they are flattened somewhat, but I intend on sinking it into the ground and grass somewhat. There will be green stuff on it.. Amongst others I intend to transform the clear fix that squidged out between the canopy and fuselage into moss buildup..

Don't you go worrying about me, I have watched this all along the way and have every faith in your modelling :thumbsup:

Perdu (bill ) is still sat back enjoying this wonderful model

I can wait...

;)

b

Amazing. Is there a way that you can put into your diorama a smell generator that dispenses old airplane musty decaying-ness? :)

Cheers,

Bill

Looking really good.

You could leave the wheels off and say you left it in Liverpool... :whistle:

Sean

We had one with the Merseyside Aviation Society, WZ553/40. All wheels present and correct......

Trevor

I'll keep my eyes shut cringing while you do bird muck? Yerrrsss I supposes you need birdy doo good luck ;) b

If some poor after-market designer bloke has spent time modelling a realistic 1/48 p*ss tube for the Sea King that is in my stash (and he has; I couldn't believe it when I noticed), then we definitely need birdy doo!

• Like 1