Colony or Dido class cruisers ?

Would like to build one or both of the two ships my father served in during the 1950s...

First is HMS Phoebe, a Dido class cruiser, and the second is HMS Mauritius a Colony Class cruiser....

Any one know if these classes are made by any retailer at all ?? Am not fussy about scale to be honest.. but the bigger the better to be honest...

Appreciate your help Gentlemen (and ladies)

I'd like to see both of these done in 1/350 or at least 1/600, the RNZN operated both HMNZS Gambia & HMNZS Bellona & Royalist, the latter two being 2nd series Didos with only 4 5.5" turrets.

Steve.

If you want to go up to 1/128 scale there is a company called Fleetscale that do both a Colony & a Dido. The hulls are fibreglass made for r/c but are beautifully made.The Dido hull works out about 48" in this scale. They also do a range of fittings/drawings too..

I have their graf Spee hull and it is very nice

http://www.fleetscale.com/

Smudge

Edited by swordfish fairey

many thanks for your suggestions Gentlemen !! Not aware of White Ensign models, but learning things all the time...

1/700 prob too small, and the other alternative seems a mammoth model... would prefer something in the middle scale-wise so shall keep looking but thanks for all your help !!

• 5 months later...

I'm with Al here. Hopefully Trumpeter will pick up the baton. I do know that a company is in the process of making the masters for a resin 1:350 Dido class.

• 1 year later...