Revell 1/32 Spitfire Mk II

davidelvy

I've read in both SAM publications titles that Revell are to release a new tool 1/32 Spitfire Mk II. Just a picture of a mocked-up box so far, but is this really a new tool or an old kit with newly tooled parts? If it is a completely new tool then there seems to be very little fuss about it. This makes me suspect it is their very old Spitfire Mk I with newly tooled Coffman bulge and a Rotol spinner. Does anyone know more?

The various lists mention it as a completely new tool. Guess will have to wait and see the first test shots to verify the claim. I would not be surprised if it's a brand new tool: Revell seems to have decided to attack the 1/32 market aggressively in the last couple of years

If it's an accurate representation of most examples of the II then all you will have to do is sand off the Coffman starter bulge and possibly change the prop: hardly difficult. The most recent 1/32 Revell II kit, the one that provided the Hasegawa kit with a new A wing, came with both props, so maybe this one will too.

• Like 2

I hope it's closer to the Ju-88 than their He-219 in the way it's been researched.

I'm really excited by it yet concerned at the same time,

Cheers,

Bill.

Edited by Heraldcoupe

Whilst the kit is clearly listed as a new tool my concern was that some manufacturers have a habit of describing a kit as a new tool when in fact it is an old tool with new additions. Also, if this were a completely new early Spitfire kit in 1/32 I wolud have expected a bit more of a fanfare, given the likely popularity of the subject.

Anyway, plenty more Spitfire kits for me to be getting on with in the meantime.

• 2 months later...

I hope it's closer to the Ju-88 than their He-219 in the way it's been researched.

I'm really excited by it yet concerned at the same time,

Cheers,

Bill.

Is this verdict on the He 219 based on published reviews or just a repetition of what Gaston has postulated?

NPL

Whilst the kit is clearly listed as a new tool my concern was that some manufacturers have a habit of describing a kit as a new tool when in fact it is an old tool with new additions. Also, if this were a completely new early Spitfire kit in 1/32 I wolud have expected a bit more of a fanfare, given the likely popularity of the subject.

Anyway, plenty more Spitfire kits for me to be getting on with in the meantime.

It is absolutely, positively, 100% guaranteed to be a 100% new tool kit.

• 3 weeks later...

All new kits "should" be good. Unfortunately reality doesn't always live up to that goal.

But at c. 20£ a piece, you can get five to the Price of one Tamiya. And following the German adage: Ăœbung macht den Meister, there should ample of opportunity to exercise on this. I have ordered a copy when it was announced.

NPL

Built all your other kits, have you?

That is not what matters. What matters is to have the kit so you can built it when you like. That's the reason some among us kits enough to keep us occupied for the NeXT hundred years. In the case on my son, probably 250 years.

NPL