Never able to make much of a showing in quality, I continue my efforts to make headway in the quantity department. Finished since January 1: a TSR.2 prototype (Airfix), E.D. "Rosie" Mackie's Tempest V (Academy), Bohdan Arct's Mustang III (Academy), an IRIAF F-14 (Hobbyboss) and an F-5E (also Hobbyboss), a CFS Gnat (Airfix) (surprisingly tricky build, which may tell you how poor my skills are), a 54 Squadron Jaguar GR1 (Hasegawa), and a Voyska-PVO MiG-21bis FISHBED-L (Zvezda). I have made a jillion mistakes, including forgetting to add the anti-glare strip on the Tomcat, but by that point I was so fed up with it I was long passed caring. There! My shame, laid bare for all to see. Also, in retrospect, I would have masked the Tomcat's camouflage, rather than trying to freehand it, as the masked F-5E's scheme came out much better, I think.

IMG_20130224_113054_zpsf2428088.jpg

IMG_20130224_113046_zps3aec4d6f.jpg

IMG_20130224_113102_zps0d33a1e4.jpg

IMG_20130224_113117_zps515ed52b.jpg

One thing I am surprised at is that I've seen a number of Jaguar builds where the LRMTS window is painted silver; this seemed to me to be something that I might be able to actual use some "basic modelling skills" (almost all of which totally elude me, I'm sorry to say) to improve upon, and so I drilled some holes in it with a pin vice and then slowly expanded the hole until it was more or less LRMTS-window-sized, whereupon out came the micro-crystal clear. I think it looks quite nice.

IMG_20130224_113249_zps276f6769.jpg

• Like 4

Very nice collection - it would take me all year to build that lot - I hope you have plenty of space to put all your finished kits! How was the TSR2 to build? I never realised how big it was till I openned up the box of the Airfix kit (and then closed it quickly!).

Guilty as charged on the Jag LRMTS windows!

Pat

A dood range of builds that look fine to me. Wish I could have had that many built by now (Two and one nearly finished) especially as one was the TSR2 which from experience I know can be a bit of a challenge

Edited by Martin T

8 models in just 2 months?

Where do you find the time mate? Are you still in high-school? Or, you're probably rich and have the time to build scale models!!

Personally, I can only work on my models during the weekends and still I have a lot of other things to do (like go to the super market, clean up the house :angry: ....).

Very nice builds mate. I do agree with you on the F-14, you should have masked the camouflage but, that's a lesson for your next build.

Keep up the good work!!!

Cheers

Sernak

You've managed more in 2 months than I did for the whole of last year! Nice going with the Jag LRMTS, I've always thought it looks better if you take the time to make it see through.

Mark.

Ah, gentlemen, you're all too kind. Having seen builds by most all of you here, I can say with certainty that if I could produce models that looked as nice as your builds, I'd be old as Methuselah before finishing my first one.

8 models in just 2 months?

Where do you find the time mate? Are you still in high-school? Or, you're probably rich and have the time to build scale models!!

Personally, I can only work on my models during the weekends and still I have a lot of other things to do (like go to the super market, clean up the house :angry: ....).

I think the secret to my fecundity is that my wife is a preschool teacher, and the last thing she wants to do at the end of a long workday with children is chat. So I usually get one or two solid hours a night during the week, and often a substantial block of time on Saturday or Sunday. Add to that my typically American tendency to cut corners and to mutter to myself "that's close enough, I'm sure," and you can see how a goodly collection of mediocre builds can be amassed quickly.

• Like 1

nice collection. Fully agree on the masking, 1:72 is too small to do a nice freehand camo. It may look good in 1:48, but 1:72 requires a masking technique (or very good airbrush skills, which I don't have). And I just realised how small the Gnat really is. I worked sometimes around the F-5, and that is already a small airplane, but the size of the Gnat surprises me every time...

Alex

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Pro copious.

EXQUISITE models.

I applaud you for your tenacious Anerican way of modeling. :wicked: Total dedication :thumbsup:

Wonderful that you enjoy it while you

are building such STUNNING, GORGEOUS models.. LOVE THE TOMCAT... :heart:

Good job, well done..

Look forward to more of the same..

KUDOS. :worthy::worthy:

HOUSTON. :cowboy:

Hello from across the Atlantic,Procopius - Looking at your flightline,I think you've every reason to feel proud of your completed builds.They look good to me! The comparisons in size make for an interesting study also.Keep up the good work!All the best,Paul.

Very nice to see someone who is a compulsive builder like you!!! I am so jealous... OK, I'm not, but maybe in my next life I will marry a pre-school teacher too!!!

Something to look forward to!

Great builds by the way!

JR

Oh wow, I've been away for so long you guys had to find my posts from 2013? Yow!

Thanks for all the kind words again, everyone. I appreciate them.

• Like 2