Jan Zumbach´s Mk. Vb (EN951) - Tamiya 1/72

Hi,

have built a small bunch of 1/72 aircraft since just before Christmas - after a 17-18 year long pause.. Just tried some new shading techniques on this one however and still feel I have looads to learn. But none the less, I am kinda happy with it. Compare it with an earlier Mk. IXc (Airfix) and I think that shadng, even if far from perfect, did make it slightly better looking.

Then there are some other problems, silvering, too straight wing, slightly un-aligned cannons etc.. But I will do that better next time. :)

Decals are from Tamiya, Techmod and Xtradecal. Added a resin Rotol-propeller from Quickboost (?) and brass-cannons from Aber. Appaerently the Polish markings didn´t have "poland" under it on this particular aircraft, I later saw.. Oh well.. :tease:

Oh! And a bonus gold-star will be rewarded to the first person who tells me which ace flew that Mk. IXc! ^_^

Sorry for the bad pics by crappy lightning...

006_zpsd0b0d43c.jpg

008_zps9351ccaf.jpg

014_zps7751c380.jpg

017_zps2b689b92.jpg

019_zps2f25b092.jpg

022_zps93321655.jpg

• Like 3

Haha, :thanks: Well, it´s not really that good but - thanks anyway. ;)

No guesses on the Mk.IXc´s pilot? There is a famous photo of him applying those kill-markings. And his father was from Sweden. ´nough clues! :innocent: