Revell 1:48 Mosquito B Mk IV

Hi Stu, so this is where you've been hiding! I'm just loving all that extra detailing you're doing with this build. Hope you don't mind me saying though that I reckon that chipping on those props is letting all that hard work that you've done, down. Were props really allowed to get in that kind of condition? I don't know, but from what I've seen the paint usually wore down rather than chipped and more so on the rear of the blades. Hope you manage to get the canopy sorted out.

I can't wait to see this one finished if that 109 you recently built is anything to go by.

Tim.

Cheers Tim and Les,

Tim - point taken and appreciated thanks, i have been in two minds about the prop chipping since i did it and after seeing your thoughts last night got the airbrush out and re-touched it to remove them - will take some pics later and post.

I have kept the chipping on the nose of the spinners as i have seen this in a few period photos (the few that i seem to be able to find, i'm suprised how scarce decent ref material is for the BmkIV!).

Its always a difficult decision on what to weather, how to do it and how much, often i want to try a new technique out and get put off for fear of messing up a model thats had a fair amount of time invested in it....

Still stuck on the canopy, just had the squadron vac form set turn up from Ebay and as stated they are for the FBVI but the bulged one that i hoped might be similar to the teardrop side bulge is actually the whole of the side window being bulged out fairly squarely....bugger.

So going to see if there is a neat way of grafting the revell side bulges onto the std canopy or if not then go back to wishing someone did a vacform bomber canopy in 1:48,

Cheers for looking, Stu

Hi Stu,

great build. A pitty that the canopy isn't OK.

I have used on my model (B. XVI) a vacum canopy. The other one from airfix was useless. I can vagely remember that that one was from Paragon.

I have just looked it up andit was from Paragon it's item 4873. I know that parts from Paragon are now hard to get, but maybee someone on BM hase one for you.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip Arnie, found the paragon one you mentioned but seem to be rarer than hens teeth, i have put a post in the wanted section so will see if anything comes up.

Other than that options seem to be either buying a complete revell kit and nicking the canopy (but that will leave the same problem with the 2nd kit) or i could buy the transparency sprue for the tamiya BmkIV but that would probably work out as much as getting another revell kit and as i have had the opportunity to test fit a damaged tamiya one i can see that there is going to be abit of work required to get it to fit anyway.

Final option is to attempt to vac form one which could be a bit of fun and as there is nothing to lose with the old canopy i might give this a go - watch this space (or dont if i mess it up completely)...

Its not going to be finished by 28th but i havent got room for a shelf of doom at home so its going to get finished one way or the other :)

• Like 1