Porsche GT3R Resin wheels, 1:24 scale

richellis

Porsche GT3R Resin Wheel sets.
1:24 resin from FG Models
030.JPG

The Porsche GT3 is the high performance version of the Porsche 911, with the GT3R being the track racing model and is equipped with all the regulation safety equipment to allow it to race competitively.
There are a couple of options when it comes to building a 1:24 GT3, the Tamiya 911 GT3, or the Fujimi GT3R. FG Models have produced 2 resin wheel sets for these kits.

033.JPG
034.JPG

The first set I will look at comes in a nice card box and is cast in a pale gray resin. The resin is very nice with no flaws or flash on the set. The detail on the rims is very fine with nice thin spokes on the wheels with the 3D shape of the spokes is also captured on the resin parts, as can be seen in the second picture.

BBS wheel set.

035.JPG

The second set received for review is a set of BBS centerlocks. These are 3 part wheels designed for strength and low weight. The wheels are cast in the usual gray resin, and again the casting is superb with no flaws in the casting. Below is a shot showing the shape of the spokes, and the detail of the locking nuts around the rim. Also included is a set of center lock nuts. These are cast separately as they come in an anodised blue or red colour on the car, so this will ease painting them against the wheel.

036.JPG
037.JPG

Conclusion
A very nice wheel set with a high level of detail.

FG models have asked me to point you towards there E-bay site but asked me to mention their parts can be brought through other avenues such as Hobbyeasy.com, hlj.com, Mediamixhobby.com.sg.
Please mention Britmodeller when buying through FG models E-bay shop

Review sample from FG-3D-MAIN-LOGO-1.jpg

• 1 year later...