1, 3, 6, 11, 17, 29..... No, not my lottery numbers, Typhoon Squadron multi-build

Rob P

And a bonus of 1435flt

Well, the madness of a mega multiple build has started.

2 x Hasegawa Typhoon FGR4's, 2 x Revell Typhoon FGR4's, 2 x Revell Typhoon T3's.

428051c4730ae0e9b4dc246ee1fac770.jpg

90cd84f8d5f1b7f2ad9e2a2e34549708.jpg

c7c14d431dfd5e72675ec078e74ada73.jpg

219bc89a029107e0f2bdb16f739a7b81.jpg

6f2b4c6699e1f4337a8aed3cf4b86924.jpg

All Cockpits sprayed, Hasegawa pair started, pylon holes drilled where needed...

I see some long nights ahead!

Edited by Rob P
  • Like 5

That is some project you have set yourself, hopefully it'll go smoothly for you.

Duncan B

Just a small element of the project, one of each Squadron in RAF service. You should see the pile of Tornados, Hawks, Chinooks and Seakings!

This looks interesting. How on earth are you going to stop migration of parts from one kit to the next?

Simple... Box lids! Plenty left from my Harrier Builds.

Keep the room you're building these well ventilated with all those glue fumes you may start hallucinating!

Good luck btw

Trevor

Mmmm, Plastic Weld :D Weeeeeee! Edited by Rob P

I've been on the go with the Revell offerings. Am shocked at the state of the moulds now. So much flash and distorted parts.

But at the end of the day, they are under a tenner now.

The Hasegawa kit however, is an absolute peach! Sure they've included weapons that aren't yet released to service (the Storm Shadows are an awful shape) and the ejection seats are... well they don't look like an MB16.

Yikes! I've got a long-term project on the same subject. Five so far - including two from 3 (including the green tail) 6/17/29, but missing 1, 11, and 1439. I have been working with the Revell kits and haven't scored a Hasegawa version yet. Good luck, and I'll be watching this one to cheer on your progress!

This is an interesting project and i have an idea to do something similar myself but do them one at a time. I only have the Revell kit and the example I picked up was covered in flash and fit isn't great so it will be interesting to see how the Hasegawa one builds up in comparison.

Mark, remember the misery we went through with the GR9 stencils... Well... :S

I've tried to forget about them! I think you're nuts to do so many at once, it'll take you about a month to decal them with all those stencils. I've got a Revell one stalled on the shelf of doom, got fed up with all the filling and sanding. I might finish it some time this year....

Mark.

I've got a Revell one stalled on the shelf of doom, got fed up with all the filling and sanding. I might finish it some time this year....

Mark.

As you'll see shortly, the Hasegawa Typhoon really is worth it, even if you build just one. If I could afford it, I'd replace all the Revell FGR4's, but...

Interesting comparison. The Hasegawa one looks a much better fit.

Are there a couple of Pylons not included in the Revell kit. The holes are there for them on the kit but there is no mention of them on the instructions and no parts are included. Incidentally does the Hasegawa kit include these pylons? Look forward to seeing how the Hasegawa kit goes together and think I may have to pick up a couple myself.

Regards,

Mark

The fit of the Hasegawa kit is fantastic (but from the price you'd expect that) and yes, it contains all of the pylons, including the option to have pylon or tank on the centreline and wing stations, the outer pylons with or without MFRL's and the ever elusive inner wing stations.

So, what mileage have Revell got from their moulds?

The previous photo's show the two seaters. I've just moved on to the single seaters.the flash and warping, well!

image-12.jpg

The curve on the fin is horrible

image-13.jpg

• 3 weeks later...