My current projects (Hasegawa 1/48 jets)

Jens

From one J79 powered aircraft to another... The F-4.

The first one if an F-4E from Iran:

F-4E_IRIAF_4058.jpg

F-4E_IRIAF_4059.jpg

I have to touch up the demarcation lines on this one. Also, I have yet to paint the lowered surfaces.

Jens

• Like 5

From an F-4E to an A-4E. This will be a very early TopGun adversary A-4E in a scheme almost like the IDF/AF scheme. There were a few variations in this scheme over time, especially after the dorsal hump was removed.

I have worked from pictures so I have no decals for this one (yet).

A-4E_23_4051.jpg

A-4E_23_4052.jpg

A-4E_23_4056.jpg

A-4E_23_4057.jpg

Jens

• Like 3

Next up is an F-4E that has been on and off the shelf of doom. It's originally an F-4EJ but I have built it as an early F-4E from Vietnam.

F-4E_67-0290_4064.jpg

F-4E_67-0290_4065.jpg

F-4E_67-0290_4067.jpg

Speaking of Japanese Phantoms... This is the first of a couple of JASDF RF-4Es I have been working on:

RF-4EJ_4062.jpg

RF-4EJ_4063.jpg

Jens

• Like 3

Hi Jens and welcome back mate.

Long time no see!!!!

While looking at your Japanese RF-4, I couldn't stop thinking about some of the VF-126 double-seat Scooters and their camouflages!! Can you tell us the paint codes you have used for this "bird"?

Now, I may have some objection about the "Israeli" A-4 from NFWS but, with so many paint schemes they had used and so often, you might have some pictures that I don't, and which show the pattern you have tried to replicate.

I might upload an old build (half-way) of an TA-4J from VF-126, painted with the "Israeli" paint scheme in order to tell me what you think.

Keep up the good work Jens!!!

Cheers
Sernak
Edited by Sernak

Thanks Sernak.

The RF-4E was painted some years ago. I think I used Humbrol 72, 88 and MM FS34097.

As for the IDF/AF look-alike adversary I have pictures showing both sides clearly. Only the wing pattern cannot be seen clearly, just the leading edges. A google search for BuNo 150023 might show the pictures I used. The scheme dates back to the 70's.

Jens

• 3 months later...

All of them look very nice.....and my fav....is the star fighter and the kiwi scooter.......you choose great aircraft too build........all of them lovely choices.......

rgds

mr b

• Like 1