Vichy Wilcat/Martlet

Here's the Academy kit, with some HB parts, and a what-if scheme. Its about 90% complete at this point. I just applied the anchors in the roundels, and touched up the leading and trailing edges of the tailplane. It's my understanding that the Academy kit is a rescribed and reworked mould with FROG origins. I'd been working on this for a while, inspired by an idea from "The Wooksta", when the HB kit was released. I bought the HB kit, and decided I'd only raid it for some parts; I'd fully detailed the Academy cockpit earlier, and the HB cockpit is a joke. The paint is all Tamiya, the stripes are all decals, and the markings are Carpena. [horses whinny]

I've decided that everyone must do a Vichy scheme once in their life; it's a rite of passage, a sanity test, a man-card punch.

(It also qualifies as a masochistic episode, a deviant modeling outburst, and a gateway to madness.) On to the pics...

stripes1_zpsfcc12655.jpg

stripes2_zpsa87f620e.jpg

stripes3_zpsd5352e48.jpg

stripes4_zps55e9e467.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice and a pleasant kit to build.

Lovely colour scheme.

I did one last year as a Martlet and to get my mojo back. It worked well on that score.

I must say you've made a much better looking kit than my "thrown together one"!

Rick.

Looks fantastic so far.

How about a Boston or a Liberator to go with it? :evil_laugh:

And I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the Eagle engined Tempests too. I did give you the leading edge intakes and radiators, didn't I?

Edited by The wooksta V2.0

• 5 months later...

Oookay, finally calling it done. (Though now I look at my photos, it truly does needs the nav lights at the wingtips.....one final doddle. But no more pics - it's safely in the cat-proof Detolf now!)

Lee, thanks a million for the great idea!!

final1_zps84bc2389.jpg

final2_zps51265dc2.jpg

final3_zpsa096d52f.jpg

final4_zps41f656b2.jpg

final5_zps517d66c5.jpg

final6_zpsdbdeab03.jpg

• Like 3