Airfix Hawker Typhoon 1b

Hi

This one was a while coming.

Airfix 1/72 Tiffy with help from Aeroclub, Airwaves, Acadamy, Modeldecal, Quickboost. Resin Art and Squadron

Lots done including my first attempt at rescribing.

It's not 100% accurate but I like it, and now with Brenguns new pair and the forthcoming Airfix new tool

I can see more on my bench.

Cheers for looking

TonybS1050070.jpgS1050069.jpgS1050067.jpgS1050053.jpgS1050045.jpgS1050042.jpgS1050040.jpgS1050025.jpg

• Like 2

Cracking job on what is a dog of an old kit!

I had been tempted to try something similar but thankfully, I decided to wait and - what do you know? - Airfix announce a new tool Tiffie. Sorted!

regards,

Martin

I couldn't believe that it was the old one- I thought it might be a test shot of the new one! The only photo that gives it away is the plan one from above- there is a strange swelling in the rear fuslage and the wing plan looks wrong, but apart from that you have made it look remarkably like a Typhoon! Great job!

Thanks guy for all your comments

I have an Acadamy Typhoon in the stash and I am very tempted with the Brengun pair a little bit on

the expensive side but not to excessive and of course the new tooled Airfix Typhoon so I think

I will be building more. I think the Typhoon is becoming my favorite WW2 aircraft and thats

coming from a Spit fan :thumbsup: