Mirage 2000C Colours

dfqweofekwpeweiop4

In the near future I'll have a couple of Revell 1/72 Mirage 2000C kits to build. I don't use Revell paints and I'm not an expert on the Mirage 2000 so I'll need some advice on the painting.

I want to do the colour scheme in the kit which is Blue Grey over Light Grey with a darker Grey nose cone. I prefer using acrylics from the Lifecolor, Vallejo (Model Air) and Xtracrylix. I know there are Xtracolour enamels for the Mirage but that's plan B!

So is there any colour matches (or quite close matches) in Lifecolor, Vallejo Model Air or Xtracrylix?

thanks

Mike

Xtracolor (enamels, I know) do paints labelled as Mirage 2000 light grey and dark blue/grey, but in my view, their representation doesn't match my perception of what those colours look like - they are not "blue tinted" enough. The lighter grey can be achieved by mixing 7 parts FS36350 and 3 parts FS36495 from what I can remember of the Syhart decals instructions. Can't remember the dark blue Celomer offhand. The colour representation of Xtracrylics seems a lot better and more consistent than Xtracolor in my opinion.

Jens

I remembered the Eduard 1/48 Mirage 2000C kit, so I've checked out the colour call outs in that.

They are all Gunze/Mr Color - H42/72 (Blue Grey), H308 (Light grey) and H307 (Medium Grey for the nose cone). I've runthe numbers through the paint chart and depending on what manufacturer I look at I'm getting Intermediate Blue and Light ghost Compass Grey for the camouflage and Dark Ghost Compass Grey for the nose.

Is that anywhere close to what it should be?

thanks
Mike

These are difficult colours to represent, as they change quite noticeably depending on the light on the real aircraft.

Personally I used the light ghost/compass grey 36375 as a starter for the lighter grey, adding some white to make it lighter.

For the darker grey I made a lightened the intermediate blue, that IMHO is a bit too dark for the mirage 2000. In some pictures the darker grey is closer to FS 35237, but I found this was not blue enough