F-51D Fuerza Aérea Dominicana

cjhm

After starting a can of worms on colours (http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234931518-airfix-172-dominican-f-51-colours/) here is my take on the new Airfix F-51D using the Fuerza Aérea Dominicana markings in the box.

Not too happy with the grey-white undersides, sit of the undercarriage or canopy painting\fitting (all down to my modelling rather than Airfix fault) but think it looks OK all things considered

Other than adding some tape seatbelts and microscopic hardware from an ancient Reheat fret of buckles plane is as it comes in the box. Tan is Lifecolor, Green and White from Tamiya, all brush painted then Glossed with Quickshine before and after decals. I went for grey interior as some pics suggest the seat is grey rather than interior green, likewise white\grey for the UC bays. If its wrong its wrong.

MIG Cold Grey Wash to finish over Lifecolor Matt Varnish.

Anyway, hope you enjoy

f51_0.jpg

f51_1.jpg

f51_2.jpg

f51_3.jpg

f51_4.jpg

f51_5.jpg

f51_6.jpg

f51_7.jpg

f51_8.jpg

f51_9.jpg

Edited by cjhm

have you tried smoothing in your canopy joins with white glue? Run a bead of glue, then smooth it out with a damp Q-tip (I think they're called cotton buds by Right-Pondians) or damp fingertip. It doesn't craze the clear plastic and levels off without outside assistance.

I'll chime in my agreement with your chosen colour scheme. It's quite refreshing.

Edited by Jessica

have you tried smoothing in your canopy joins with white glue? Run a bead of glue, then smooth it out with a damp Q-tip (I think they're called cotton buds by Right-Pondians) or damp fingertip. It doesn't craze the clear plastic and levels off without outside assistance.

I'll chime in my agreement with your chosen colour scheme. It's quite refreshing.

Hi Jessica

Glad you like it

Thanks for the tip; I had been trying something similar with Krystal Klear and a damp brush but it wasn't happening as I expected (I think my Krystal Klear may be going off). I'll give it a try with some real PVA and a cotton bud as you suggest as the pics do highlight my poor work.

All the best

Chris