The Millie G and Snoot's Sniper - a pair of P-51's in 1/48

A PAIR OF SUPERB MUSTANGS , WHAT DID YOU USE FOR THE NMF , I WISH I COULD GET A FINISH LIKE YOURS

Hi, I used Model Master Buffable Aluminium for the natural metal. I apply with a brush just using the paint left in the lid after opening it. I t is anold brush which I then use to buff the paint, working in small sections at a time. I then use a cloth if necessary to finish it of.

Hope that helps

WOW! :goodjob:

They are great, love the weathering. Not too heavy but just right for working airframes, love the paint chiping on the markings and light airflow stains along the fuselage sides.

Very nice!

Any idea why the wheel hub was only 1/2 paint red?

Shaun.

Hi Shaun,

From what I can tell, they were half blue and half red in keeping with the red and blue and white theme as prior to getting the Malcolm Hood installed the hubs were black with a whitewall on the tyres...so this time the white went and the red and blue took over,

Thanks for all the comments and feedback, I really do appreciate them.

In fact they inspired me to have a go at some Photoshop...never using it before apart from focus stacking some images.

So here we are, some very basic photoshops, but happy enough with the results to know it will become addictive, and also some black and white of the original set.

Here is Snoot's Sniper as an oil painting...I have just seen the shadow is not quite under the wheels...will make note to do better next time....

snootssnipercol_zps7ac0a2ae.jpg

along with a lithograph...

snootssniperbw_zps23fb56c3.jpg

and a couple of black and whites from the original set.

IMG_5724bw_zpsca53f99a.jpg

IMG_5743bw_zps00a2ea6e.jpg

And here is The Millie G, on an airfield somewhere in East Anglia......

millieG2_zps4f881afa.jpg

in sepia tones too.....

millieGsp_zpse3ce9b25.jpg

and with a couple of black and whites of the originals....

IMG_5754_zps0f9a943d.jpg

IMG_5753bw_zps348b86b4.jpg

Once again, thanks for all the comments and feedback and I hope you enjoy these images too.

Edited by graham121
  • Like 1

Wow and double wow!

I am really impressed with thoose two - as so many above have already said, your NMF is stunning and the weathering/paint chipping is so right!

Excellent! I'm going back to look at the pics again!

cheers

Rick

MUSTANGS......and you can forget everything else. I am in ninth heaven.nothing comes close to these BEAUTIES of yours.

What more is there is to say :wub::wub::wub:

:heart::heart: :heart:

Yes they are GORGEOUS..AND YOUR photos are wondrous and the sepia et all mkes the classy Warbird look ever Hotter!!

Edited by HOUSTON

• 2 weeks later...