1/72 Gotha bomber +++ FINISHED +++

Oh, one other thing that I meant to mention.

After much head scratching, I've determined that the rear fuselage of the Huma kit is 5mm too short (and that is why the decals appear to go further back than they should).

Just in case you were wondering! :P

Cliff

Thanks Mish.

Well I got bored and decided to go for it with the paint brush. Here are the squiggles applied to one side so far (now put aside to dry).

P1080687_zpsa8ded551.jpg

I think it's OK if you don't get too close...

Cliff

I've managed to get the squiggles finished tonight.

P1080688_zpsd85d8f50.jpg

I'm quite pleased with the result, but the more I look at the pattern on the top wing the more I get 'Austin Powers' rather than 'Third Reich'....

Cliff

"the more I look at the pattern on the top wing the more I get 'Austin Powers' rather than 'Third Reich'...."

:lol:

I think that is a really good effect you've managed there Cliff, I bet it was very difficult to maintain the line thickness so great job!

Mike

• Like 1

Great looking Gotha! I still think I'll stick with the simpler black and white scheme on mine. I don't have the courage for Luftwaffe mottles, much less squiggles!

Regards,

Jason

Thank you guys - your comments are much appreciated. :)

I am expecting this to be my penultimate post as the Gotha is now ready to have it's top wing fixed on and then rigged.

P1080692_zps028d6f57.jpg

Changes since last time include the 'bomb sighting lines' decals, the windscreen and a pair of scratch built extended exhausts, complete with flame dampers.

Cheers

Cliff

Thank you for your kind comments guys :)

Well here it is finished (with more photos in the gallery).

P1080697_zps781473d2.jpg

Not the most authentic build I'm sure, but I have really enjoyed it. Lots of little challenges, but nothing too daunting.

Thanks for all your support!

Cliff

• Like 2