Hobbycraft 1/32 SPAD XIII's in stock

TimC

Its a good kit, a bit basic by modern standards but looks to build up into a fairly nice looking model. I think the decals were judged by some to be poor, but its screaming out for some more decal sheets with some different options on. There are some reviews on the Modeling Madness and Roll Models websites.

Edited by TimC

I've just ordered one.

Do you think they'll re-release their long awaited 'new mould' Camel? These kits are as close we are likely get to a 1/32 model since WNW have no plans to produce one. Considering the significance of this aircraft, and the Fok. Dr1, you'd think WNW would jump at the chance.

They do list both new mould Camels and the DRI in the Hobbycraft kit listing on there website so i suspect they will get released at some point.

It would be great to see WNW do something special with the Camel and DRI but they have said in the past they would not make a kit if an already good kit is available, so I suspect we may not see them doing a DRI. But just to throw a curve ball into this they did make a Pfalz IIIa and Roden did a Pfalz III, so why cant they do a 1F1 Camel or a comic version.

Just a thought but wouldnt it be great to see a 2F1 Camel :)