GB winners

Col.

With the GB poll now closed and voting over we can safely announce who has won the two categories.

A total of 47 Britmodeller members voted and in the colourscheme category there was a clear winner with 20 votes but a much closer race in the structural modifications section.

So without further ado and amidst fanfares please step forward Kallisti and Deanflyer! :partytime:

With almost half of the votes Kallisti's FRS1 Sea Vespid took first place ahead of DaveJL's Tomcat F.1 with 5 votes and no less than 3 other models with 4 each.

Deanflyer's Bluebird CN8 won with 10 votes from Arniec's Sea Harrier FA3 on 9 while MadnurseGaz and Andrew Jones shared third place with 5 each.

Congratulations to all finishers and thanks to everyone who contributed builds or comments for making a very enjoyable group build. There are still some projects on-going that will produce more excellent finished models soon and deserve continued support so keep an eye on them and the comments coming.

Oh, while on the subject and we have your attention, if you'd like to take part in What-if III get along to this thread;

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=234932179

and put your name on the list.

Hi Col.

I enjoyed this GB very much. All you guys give me so much inspiration to do some more.

I have already got a plan for a new one for the Telford show this year.

And I have already put my name in What if III.

Cheers,

Congratulations to the winners, all who finished and all who will finish (eventually).

I enjoyed myself tremendously in the GB (especially with that unintended entry - I have never built a Luftwaffen subject before this...so it was very much an evolving WIP right from the start). Rest assured it will not be my last Luftwaffe '46 what-if . Herr Oberst, der Nachtschwalbe vill be completed. I am planning to do more digging in der desert. Tomorrow, I vill go to Giza....

Huge thanks to the hosts for running this GB - I enjoyed it loads :thumbsup: ,

especially reading other project back stories. Just wish I could be as entertaining.

As you probably guessed, my TSR2 build had been on the cards for quite some time, and this GB was the spark that got it built - so double thanks.

When appropriate spares are acquired, I'd like to double-up the SNEB pods a-la Phantom.

I probably won't be joining you for WI3, but will be following - and would like to wish you all success.

Edited by theplasticsurgeon

OOh, I won did I? Jolly good. 

Thanks to those who voted for my effort, it's much appreciated. I'll try to bring it to a show soon and put it on the BM table.

Cheers,

Dean

• Like 1

that was so much fun, especially for my first group build!

there were some awesome beasts in the final line up, think the voting would have been a bit harder if a few of the others could have gotten their builds over the line!.

Congrats to everyone that joined the mayhem. :thumbsup::goodjob:

Can't what for Whatif GB III.........will have something interestingly planned!!!!! :evil_laugh:

• 4 weeks later...

Well now I am able to post again I would like to thank everyone who voted for me, it was a very pleasant surprise to see the result, and I am very glad that everyone enjoyed my "What should be" build :)

I should be attending the Newbury show on Saturday so will bring it along to either enter into the comp or display on the IPMS Farnborough table (if we are having one!)