1/48 - Lockheed F-80 Shooting Star family by Hobby Boss - F-80A, RF-80A & F-80C released

Homebee

1/48th Lockheed F-80C Shooting Star by HobbyBoss in 2013 - catalogue ref.81725

and also - but not in the new catalogue - a F-80A - ref.81723 and a RF-80A - ref.81724(?)

Source: http://scalemodels.ru/modules/news/img_5748_1358082281_fe7282025aafa40f1fabea15ab64034f79f0190e.jpg.html

hobbyboss2013.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The box art of another unannounced 1/48th HobbyBoss Shooting Star kit, the F-80A with the catalogue ref. 81723 .

Release: June 2013

Sources:

http://www.hobbyboss.com/a/en/Preview/2013/0312/977.html

http://scalemodels.ru/news/5963-HobbyBoss-majj-2013.html

1362739307_81723_r.jpg

So a F-80A, followed by a F-80C and, why not, later a RF-80A. The next logical step would be a new 1/48th T-33 T-Bird, isn't it?

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Really strange!!! I did this box art and suppose to be secret! They announced the F-80C first, and In fact the above box art original painting still is on the way to China! How this scale models model shop has the image of it? Unless Hobby Boss published the image i posted to them! Really strange!!! :hmmm:

Hello dear Homebee!!!

I am sorry but i have not such info or commision! For years i am trying to convince them to release a new tool Avro lancaster in 48th scale, but every time the answer is.......''the sound of silence''! I'll keep you informed if any info comes!

all the best!! :bye:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes, happy days! F-80 & F-84F..... Can we have F-86A,E,H next please

......and an RF-84F and, an F-86D and, an F-94 and, an F-89 and Grumman F-11F and Panther, Cougar, Banshee, ................................................................!!!!!!! :lol:

Allan

• 1 month later...

Indeed Homebee! I have done it's box art allready! I cannot waite to see how they are going to look! I mean if they are in correct shapes, nice detail, etc etc!! :coolio:

Hi Planeart,

By the way do you know the future catalogue reference number from this recce variant: 8172x (4?)

Still waiting the T-33... :popcorn:

Have a good w.e.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Hi Planeart,

By the way do you know the future catalogue reference number from this recce variant: 8172x (4?)

Still waiting the T-33... :popcorn:

Have a good w.e.

V.P.

Hello Homebee!

Propably i had that catalogue number when they first sent me the commision but i do not have it now, cos every time i finish the boxart image and they are pleased with the result, i delete the order e-mail! Sorry about it! i tried to locate it in all my files but i was unable!

As for the ejection seat on the RF-80's, yes most of them had them placed!

Also as i mentioned before, i know nothing about any future T-33 release! i trully do not know!!!

Have a nice day!!

PS If i locate somewhere the catalogue reference RF-80 number, i'll post it to you right away!!

Hello Homebee!

Propably i had that catalogue number when they first sent me the commision but i do not have it now, cos every time i finish the boxart image and they are pleased with the result, i delete the order e-mail! Sorry about it! i tried to locate it in all my files but i was unable!

As for the ejection seat on the RF-80's, yes most of them had them placed!

Also as i mentioned before, i know nothing about any future T-33 release! i trully do not know!!!

Have a nice day!!

PS If i locate somewhere the catalogue reference RF-80 number, i'll post it to you right away!!

Thanks for your answer Planeart.

V.P.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

glossy_smiley_green_toothy_smile.png

This kit sound to be an insult to modellers:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/message/1372572012/Photo+comparison+and+some+thoughts

F-80Cat_zps339bfa6b.jpg

Source: http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=265916&st=60

Return to Index Photo comparison and some thoughts June 30 2013 at 2:00 AM Alistair (Login ajcrerar)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 72.168.96.126

Response to Public shaming is useful for expensive kits
I did not mean to stir up all this sentiment on the forum.Just that I at least would try and let HLJ know that I was a bit disappointed with the product. I figured after 36 years of waiting for a F-80 with modern tooling and recessed panel lines,and with all the research available for a 67 year old straight wing jet fighter,I could expect an accurate replica. I have been doing this since 1954. I am not a fellow who measures to a Knats butt accurate. As long as the shape is close I can make it work. But without completly replacng the intakes ,and not taking into account the narrow depth of the fuselage (see photos) its a pretty poor effort. As I said I have four of the accurately shaped Monogram kits with raised panel lines,which is a fine model but a bit dated. I am not upset with HLJ just wanted them to be aware of said disappointment. And with 2600 kits I have plenty to keep me busy. But the F-80 is a favorite of mine as most straight wing jets are.I was just a lad when they were activly waging war in Korea.
And I am sure the Tamiya Birdcage Corsair is a fine model as is the Spit IX in my closet.
Everyone have a nice 4th of July Independence Day!
Sempe Fi !
Alistair

DSCN1052_zps23a9b11d.jpg

DSCN1053_zps7c359cf0.jpg

DSCN1059_zpsea167b0f.jpg

DSCN1060_zps28ba1f95.jpg

DSCN1054_zps9b6a92c0.jpg

DSCN1056_zpsaf714dec.jpg

DSCN1042_zpsdc40ed35.jpg

DSCN1051_zps463c8822.jpg

DSCN1050_zps17777470.jpg

V.P.