A couple of Land Rovers in the right Forum!

simmerit

If you mean the lenses themselves then yes they are, I use them for all sorts of stuff from headlights to spot lights on Chieftain tanks.

The company, yes they are ok, I usually get stuff whilst I`m at a show and haven`t used them by post because I`ve never needed to but I know of no reason not to use them.

Malc.

Edited by Malcolm Shaw

0a315c8c.jpg

At least we know where the missing member of Village People ended up!!!!!

Seriously does anyone know what vehicles 4 Rifles have used on their Afghan Herrick tours?  Would any of the Airfix kits be suitable?  Have to assume they used WMIKS at least?

Chris 

I was a 4th Bn STAB, but worked loads with 2 Bn; 3 became 2 (a much more interesting Spice Girls song that never got released) before my time.  The black cap badge was a prized possesion even in the 4th Bn.  MG Pl, Sp Coy were the Mile End Mafia!

in answer to your question I'd guess it depends on which Herrick!  Best check the regimental history and see when they were out.  

We are on WMIK variant No 5 now as its been constantly upgraded.  I've not taken a look at the Airfix model to see which one it is, although I suspect its the first. 

The canvas does look like it has ate too much and put on weight !!!!!!!! A bit too fluffy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you thought of changing the canvas for wire and tissue paper ?????????????? Either that or a cut down 109 canvas from one of the kits ?????????

Looks very nice in there and gives me an idea what I need to add too !!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the offer of pics !!!!!!!!!!! Interior and painting ideas, ideally the weathered look, not show polished ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but anything will do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still watching

Nige

its Vitalbond.  Its OK I find.  I use it on the resin trucks mainly and it does OK for brass etching also.  I've tried 3 or 4 and this was the best one I found so far.

Any recommendations?

Just about to start my Series III 88 !!

The canvas does look like it has ate too much and put on weight !!!!!!!! A bit too fluffy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you thought of changing the canvas for wire and tissue paper ?????????????? Either that or a cut down 109 canvas from one of the kits ?????????

Looks very nice in there and gives me an idea what I need to add too !!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the offer of pics !!!!!!!!!!! Interior and painting ideas, ideally the weathered look, not show polished ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but anything will do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still watching

Nige

The tilt is pants mate.  I'm building this for a lad who has donated some cash (in exchange for the build) to Care for Casualties which is the Rifles charity and he is happy with the tilt in the kit.  I reckon I'm going to do 3 of these for myself. 1 x para recce, 1 x FFR with a decent tilt (home made) and 1 x towing a Sankey with a decent tilt (home made)

What piccies are you after?  Thing with military wagons is they are mostly kept in pretty good nick/clean unless on exercise or ops.  Always cleaned down after use in the motor pool.  I guess its all down to what you a  looking to model though really

IMAG0847_zpsccc8e0e9.jpg

That's the tub pretty much finished

IMAG0846_zpsd5d8af10.jpg

Had to seriously chop the tilt but it seems to have turned out OK.

IMAG0849_zps10971b05.jpg

going to crack on with the lightweight now. Just wanted to see if I could do the 88.  I'll finish it after the lightweight which I hope to have cracked by the end of the week

Lookin' good, that's the nice thing about Landy's chunky you can really get to work on them, I almost didn't see you were progressing with another two.Thanks for sharing them.

Colin

The Canvas on the 88" looks far better than the lightweight!!!!!! Just a bit more in proportion and less fluffy !!!!! Can't have everything in modelling can we !!!!!!

Great looking fleet and all progressing at speed !!!!!!

Nige

The Canvas on the 88" looks far better than the lightweight!!!!!! Just a bit more in proportion and less fluffy !!!!! Can't have everything in modelling can we !!!!!! Great looking fleet and all progressing at speed !!!!!! Nige

Not what my mate terry would say!  I've got about 10 things on the go at the minute in various stages on completion!!  the 3 109's are NEARLY finished...........................

like most of the country, working at home today so a quick ten minutes on the 88.

IMAG0856_zps7636516f.jpg

IMAG0857_zps4df2b8f7.jpg

I use Halford's grey primer.  top value in my humble opinion but I'd defer to you lot as I suspect there are some real rivet heads on here