A couple of Land Rovers

simmerit

Hello there,

just come onto this forum.  I've tended to focus on Land Rovers a bit having started to model again about a year or so ago after a 32 year gap.

here are a couple I'm on with 

IMAG0436-1_zpsc6967fa3.jpg

IMAG0415_zps3ab5eb1e.jpg

IMAG00171_zps93f8fcf6.jpg

Not sure if these photo bucket cut and pastes will work but I guess I'll find out in a minute!

Hello mate,

they are 1/35.  The wagons are Revell, bought at extortionate price from WaltBay.  Both have Accurate Armour Series III wheels on them as the wheels shipped are six stud and wrong.  TUAAMs are Accurate Armour also as are the whip antenna, Sankey's are Accurate Armour. The old Revell kits are left hand drive unfortunately.  I just picked up a new Italeri one which I'm going to chop down to an 88, and much to my surprise its right hand drive.

Still got a bit to do on the tilts and the FFR wants a Dexion rail in and a Clansman if I ever get round to it.  They look quite realistic when the little fellas are out on patrol with them.  Bit scary really

Si

I used to know him, or his brother, very realistic figures.

:)

Looks good, maybe the DPM could do with matting down a touch, I only ever had a sheen on my windproof, when it was "new", never on the trousers.

Unless it was a proper mucky wet day...

The Rovers look blooming good, get busy with the Dexion. It will be well worth it.

I managed to bend the tow bar on one of those trailers once. REME sgt was displeased

Wasn't too chuffed myself, steer right if you need to go left backwards chump! :(

(by the way, yes wrong part of the forum but, I think it does us good to look outside our own boxes

occasionally) ;):thumbsup:

Hi Simmerit

I do like a Landy or two !!!!!!!!!!! And those two look rather good !!!!!!!!!!!!! What was you in the Army yourself ????? Signals by any chance ????????

Looking forward to seeing more of your collection of Landies !!!!!!!!!!

Nige

Light Infantry.  I've got a whole bunch of stuff on the go but cant seem to post any pictures (in the right forum).  everyone I know says they know a colour boy who is the double of the cabbagehead with the walrus tour tash!!