Hasegawa 1/48 - 65th Aggressor Squadron F-15D

Hi Dan,

I have been pondering doing the pilots. The progress has slowed down due to other required demands from the Minister for all things Pleasurable and from the place I spend most of my life at - work !

I am nearing completion of one of the seats and will then start on the other. I am fearful of not meeting the deadline hence my vascilation about the driver and conductor.

One will press on and refrain from excessive ejaculation about these builds on this site and concentrate on construction.

Regards,

Montgomery from Poona

a.k.a Steve from Melbourne

Just by going by what you've done so far, I'd cut the nose off, paint it and then present it just as, it's class loking already.

Sean

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers! Right... more progress... I've managed - with a fight - to get most of the paint on... To say it tested my patience would be a huge understatement but I'm quite happy with how it's turned out in the end.

The paint match is well out but that's my own fault for being so eager to get it slapped on after looking at the thing for well over a month. I just need to paint the leading edges and various antenna plus a few other bits and then it's on with the gloss coat and decals :)

SDC10029_zpsefa6694f.jpg

SDC10042_zpsd264e4d8.jpg

Very blue :)

I know... Too blue! I should have added some grey in the mix and perhaps a little green. Can anyone recommend a quick and easy way of toning it down a bit?

Cheers :)

yea Phil that sounds a good idea, I think I'll just crack on with it as it is for now and then after I've decaled and sealed it I'll give it a panel line wash and see how it looks... then attempt some highlights perhaps using a lighter mix that's a more petrol blue.

Here's an idea for the base... I will polish up the walnut and chisel out a groove for the perspex, the centre pylon will fix to the perspex. Should look nicer than the brass rod I used to mount my in flight Red Arrow :D

SDC10056_zps95dc505e.jpg

I took a pot of blue XF-8 and a pot of white X-2 then using a highly scientific and hugely complex method added a bit of blue to the white and a bit of white to the blue... I wouldn't recommend it though, looks way out.

Thanks Dan.

Hmm seems to be the only way as I went looking for the Modelmaster colours as suggested on the decal sheet but they seem hard to get hold of!

Been using Humbrol 15 but that one is also not the right one.

Cheers guys :)

Here's where I'm at with it...

SDC10151_zps864f4bba.jpg

The decals are mostly on and I've picked up some flory models dark dirt wash after reading good things about it... Maybe it'll look too harsh on this model but there's no harm in trying since it will wash right off if it looks a mess.

Would anyone happen to have any no step decals, the rearward slime lights and the 4 ejector seat warning triangles going spare? All the decals on this model were kindly donated by Lloyd and he also sent an old sheet from a revell model to cover all the missing stencils too, but those decals just disintegrated on trying to apply so I'm kind of stuck now

Never did try toning down the blue but I've picked up another F-15 from ebay and once I manage to find a set of the afterburner decals I'm going to give this another try and do a better job :)

I have a set of stencils you can have. They are the Daco designed set printed by cartograf for the more recent Revell F-15e boxing. Drop me a PM with your address if they're any use to you.

Cheers,

Sean

Edited by Sundown