1/48 Academy F-15I Ra'am

It would appear like I'm neglecting this build but rest assured I'm not!! After a fair bit of cleaning up seams etc the whole bird has now been primed!

7A662A45-7211-42EA-BAD6-AA4DC8CD7168-843

Still a few bits left to sort plus a few smaller bits to add on then I can start painting! The bonus of being a bit slow getting this far is that the paint I ordered has arrived.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks chaps,

Dave this is the first time I've been happy with it, I've been back over touching bits up 4 times though mind!!!

Robin, yes I saw your build was about the same place as mine, yours is looking good too, be nice to have a few Ra'am make it over the line!

• 2 weeks later...

Another overdue update, between a busy week at work and a nasty bout of man flu I got the camo done! The camo looked fairly duanting but I found some 'J's works' masks on Luckymodel and though I'd have a stab at using them.

B3A86E64-B315-4A83-BDF8-C57B2568CA41-847

9DF16CB1-FE64-4F3B-AD0A-313C46F66AA8-847

All things considered I'm fairly happy with how it's come out. I've not done hard edged camo before, it might not be realistic but it's pleasing to my eye!

Not sure if the shots show it up but I have preshaded and post shaded as well.

There are a few areas that need touch up, mostly overspray on to the undersides, plus the nose needs painting otherwise the painting stage is complete!

Thanks for looking

Phil

Thanks Robin,

I can't decide if I prefer masks or freehand yet. I've done a few free hand but always end up going back and touching up over spray. With the masks I had to touch up leaks and one area that I missed! I'm not sure how much of a cheat they are, fitting 2D masks to a 3D model is a challenge in its self!! Plus the instructions arent all that clear....

That's a stunning paint finish! I clocked those masks myself for the aggressor scheme and having recently tackled that using blue tac to mask wish I'd have bought them!!

It is actually nice to have 2 different yeah, then you can compare yourself! I'm only 16, so I tend to learn from the ''pros'' :D And with two people doing the same kit, it's brilliant!

Robin

Thanks everyone!

I don't think I'd go as far as deceiving my self as a pro!! But thanks for the compliment! At 16 you've got plenty of time to learn.