Revell 1/9 Ducati 916 SP

rkennerley

Lookin' good, They're nice kits but some real input is need in parts, the chain is a bit of a challenge but does look good once it's completed and fitted. good luck.

Colin

right here are some pic's of work so far no paint yet just a lot of getting rid of mold lines

I started with the chain witch as long as you don't rush is not to bad to do

stage one

Picture012-4_zps8cf2205b.jpg

then flipped over for stage 2

Picture013-4_zps6a90ffbe.jpg

and the end result it is a bit of work to clean it all up but looks good when done

Picture014-3_zpsd2aacc5b.jpg

Picture015-4_zpsa37a4b15.jpg

and then all the bits and pieces I have done so far

Picture016-4_zpsa7ff7349.jpg

Well disaster struck today,my son knocked the box lid will all the parts for the bike onto the floor and i think some of the smaller bits are gone

for ever ill just have to see if they are vital parts or not.The engine is all most done so i did a test fir in the frame so far no problems

DSCF2268.jpg

DSCF2269.jpg

DSCF2266.jpg

DSCF2267.jpg

DSCF2267.jpg

have done some more work on the bike the engine is in the frame now just a few problems,first  if you build this kit,do not follow 

the instructions on the fitting of the exhaust system if you do you wont be able to fit the swing arm for the rear wheel if you do

it is a east fit if you do it after you put the engine and swing arm in the frame.Second the air filter dose not fit if you have all the

fuel lines fitted like I do,you can have fuel lines or air filter but not both despite the instructions saying you can,it is not a big problem

as once the body panels go on you cant see it.

DSCF2273.jpg

Just a Revell re boxing of the old Protar kit. Protar had some good ideas but their execution/engineering was up to maggots. Mind you not that Revell could have done much toimprove them.

I've got the old BMW sidecar combo kit half started/finished and that was a dog and then I descided to relace the wheels. 

I'll take a couple of pics and post them in the bike forum.

Colin

Now that looks like it came from the Arc not the stash, it just goes to show how some box art has moved on and some not. Even the Revel box art would be considered old if they were to re-release the Ducs in their old box.

I wonder why Revel haven't done another release of the Ducati kits, must be ten years since they were last available.

Colin

Now that looks like it came from the Arc not the stash, it just goes to show how some box art has moved on and some not. Even the Revel box art would be considered old if they were to re-release the Ducs in their old box.

I wonder why Revel haven't done another release of the Ducati kits, must be ten years since they were last available.

Colin

Ha yeah, I've had this kit ooooh 10 years already, and it was old when I bought it...

Would be nice if they did release again, id love an S4 in this scale.

Yeah it is the  Protar kit and Revell have don nothing to change it I just had a look at the sprue and they are all marked 

Protar all they have done is put it in a different box and I am not even using the instructions they are so bad but i think 

with a little TLC she wont look to bad 

• 2 weeks later...

Work is slow going atm my body is playing up again and the fact that I have decided to do it

in white,I had forgotten how much work it is to get a good finish.This is where I am now just a

few more coats of white,some sanding and the a lot of gloss..........so not much to do

Picture184.jpg

Picture185-1.jpg

Well disaster struck today,my son knocked the box lid will all the parts for the bike onto the floor and i think some of the smaller bits are gone

for ever ill just have to see if they are vital parts or not.The engine is all most done so i did a test fir in the frame so far no problems

DSCF2268.jpg

DSCF2269.jpg

DSCF2266.jpg

DSCF2267.jpg

DSCF2267.jpg

Cracking start......what colour have you used in the engine areas i.e. the green bits?

ATB.....