CF-100

Clave

The Avro Canada CF-100 Canuck entered service in with the RCAF in 1952 and the Belgian Air Force in 1957.

The Canuck was one of very few all-weather jet fighters in that era and so remained operational for a very long time.

The early versions were armed with machine guns, but the Mk IV versions onwards had rocket pods on the wing-tips. Each pod contained 29 x 70mm rockets.

CF-100 Mk V of 11 Escadrille Belgian Air Force 1958.

CF100_Belgium_11_Sqn.jpg

CF-100 Mk V of 349 Escadrille Belgian Air Force 1960.

CF100_Belgium_349_Sqn.jpg

CF-100 Mk V of 350 Escadrille Belgian Air Force 1960.

CF100_Belgium_350_Sqn.jpg

CF-100 Mk V of 428 Squadron RCAF Air Force 1956.

CF100_Canada_428_Sqn.jpg

CF-100 Mk V of 440 Squadron RCAF Air Force 1957.

CF100_Canada_440_Sqn.jpg

CF-100 Mk V of 445 Squadron RCAF Air Force 1956.

CF100_Canada_445_Sqn.jpg

• Like 6

Great idea – always liked the CF-100 so what model are you going to use, hope it’s 1/48 and have you decide Belgian or Canadian yet?

My kit making days are long gone, I just draw stuff now...

• 7 years later...

You don't see the CF-100 mentioned much and I can recall seeing only one photo of a completed model. Very nice work. And I too didn't realize the Belgian Air Force flew these.

• Thanks 1

Beautiful artwork Clave and the 350 Escadrille aircraft has motivated me to go stash mining for my Hobbycraft kit which is unfortunately a Mk IV. It's a 'basic' kit but Mastercasters offer a resin cockpit which IMHO will be a solid investment.

Need to find out what changed with the Mk V and where HC messed up.

@Corsairfoxfouruncle Unicorn Air Force perhaps? Could be a good Group Build....

• Like 1

Hobbycraft did a IV & a V, I only found this out after buying a IV & discovering it was wrong for the Modeldecals Belgian decals I had for it. Luckily, I was able to pick up a V soon after for a decent price. Afaik, Canada was the only operator of the IVs. To convert it to a V would involve reprofiling the belly to remove the guns & extending the wings to the squared off wing tips. Doable but there is probably more than that but I stopped researching after I found the V kit. Btw, @Clave hasn't visited these pages for about 3 1/2 year by the look of his profile.

Steve.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SAT69 said:

You don't see the CF-100 mentioned much and I can recall seeing only one photo of a completed model. Very nice work. And I too didn't realize the Belgian Air Force flew these.

Just for you.

resized_3a628504-8f89-4d8d-a5a7-c96fe7a0

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1