New 1/48 Tornado IDS from Revell

tarlucan

I wonder as most manufacturers have a hard time getting the Tornado right, especially in 1/48.

Their 1/72 Tornados seem good, hopefully they can scale this up

Julien

Don't forget that Revell have a fabulous 1/72 and 1/32 scale tooling of the Tornado, so the hard work has been done. They say it is a new tool, so I doubt it is the Italeri moulding. Ok, 10 months is a long time to wait, but at least it gives me time to build the one HobbyBoss and two Italeri kits in my stash!

As long as it looks like this I really don't care :D

ValleyPC-131900x500.jpg

Seamless intakes WOULD be nice but I would'nt bank on it, besides that's why FOD Guards were invented...to hide dodgy air intakes on plastic kits :)

• Like 3

Finally I will put my HB Tornadoes where they never should came out ...

I saw the "new" Testors, yes, Testors 1/48 Tornadoes too , but they are the same Italeri moldings.

I hope the Aires stuff for the 1/48 HB Tornadoes really fits to the new Revell kit.

Good time to Paragon/Xtraparts re-releasing all that fine resin sets for .

Good Luck for all

Tonka

Don't forget that Revell have a fabulous 1/72 and 1/32 scale tooling of the Tornado, so the hard work has been done.

Both kits need some corrective work if they are going to use them as a starting point, especially the 1/32 scale kit

Don't forget that Revell have a fabulous 1/72 and 1/32 scale tooling of the Tornado, so the hard work has been done.

Except that this is a totally new tool from scratch, having nothing to do with those (nor any other) kits. I know the guy who is doing the CAD design (which he's working on at the moment).

• Like 1