Aires seafire 47 cockpit

c.smith10

Is the seafire 47 cockpit the same as the spitfire 22/24? I have noticed Aires do separate cockpits for the spitfire 22 and 24 but only a whole detail set for the seafire and I only want to upgrade the pit really! How well does the aires spitfire pits fit into the AirFix kit?

Cheers

Edited by c.smith10

I've got a Grand Phoenix Seafire 47 wich actually includes an Airfix kit plus lots of Aires resin parts and PE details....The cockpit fits into the Airfix F.22/24 as a glove, but I'm not sure about the Seafire 47 and Spit F.22 using the same cokpit layout.....I suppose the Seafire should have had some different details due to the navalized natured of the plane....

Cheers.....

Electric gun firing button and D grip control column top...as the Seafury.

Arrester hook release.

Window demist control new.

Radio controller to rear of cockpit.

Weapons and camera control panel new.

Edited by Mark12

Also would have RATOG control if aircraft so equipped. Left hand side forward of the door edge I believe.

To be honest, in 1/48 you would struggle to see if anything was missing without a strong light and magnifying glass imho.

And you would really have to know what you were looking for!

Steve.

Also would have RATOG control if aircraft so equipped. Left hand side forward of the door edge I believe.

To be honest, in 1/48 you would struggle to see if anything was missing without a strong light and magnifying glass imho.

And you would really have to know what you were looking for!

Steve.

Not to mention the fact that the Seafire 47 cockpit is black, which hides a lot of sins of omission.

I suppose that this discussion about what you see and what you don't see has been going on for a long time. The usual answer is: Good to know that it is there! Personally I think that if you make a series of say the Spitfire Mk.V, it would be an overkill to include an Aires set in every one. Here the set may be a guideline for what you can do yourself. Then, probably, an idea when you have finished your series, to make a last one where you can see "everything". But it is a good idea to study available photos to see what you can really see, and it is quite a lot, especially if you open the door and also the cockpit cover.

The cooper Detail sets (4815-4816) included everything you might need. If you find them on Ebay, buy them!

How the Cooper sets fit can be seen here:

http://barracudacals.com/gallery/index.php/1-48-Airfix-Seafire-FR-47---by-Jens-Haakon-Brandl

Lemche

Ah yes, the copper set is the one I really would like but I have not been able to find one! I guess there may be some hope that it is re-issued by barracuda studios as they have already released some update parts for the 47