GB Chat

Howdy :bye:

In answer to Colins and Riggers questions regarding the new releases from Tamiya. (on the '86 Tamiya NSR Thread).

There's a Tamiya fan site in Japan thats almost like BM but for all the Tamiya Fans, and they have been on for a couple months now about the new 1/12th releases.

The No1 release, again, apparently, is the Ducati 1198, plus a couple of GP bikes which are supposed to be re pops with different decals.

Tamiya have also released the 4 Harleys in 1/6th scale again (yaaaaay - note the sarcasm).

Also on the way are more re releases as Tamiya plans to re release the majority of its back catalogue, (oh pleeeeeeeez re release the two Paris Dakar bikes...)

Ill have a chat to my friend in Japan, and get the link to the site, it is mainly in Japanase, but there is an English language section.

Thanks

Steve

Sorry I've been unable to contribute anything so far gang. Hopefully I'll get back to revamping the workbench area and make a start to the 888 before too long. Now if you'll excuse me I'm away for a catch-up on everyone's progress...

Hi Steve, The Japanese site sounds interesting, looking forward to the link.

Colin

Cummon Steve....where's the linky??

Wanna see this Duke......gotta have it!!!

ATB mate & hope the 'builds' are going ok?

Riggers

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, just something to share with you guys after my f**kup day with my NR.

I have a friend in Japan that I trade kits with, nice kid with a huuuuuge stash of kits.

Anyhoo, my 'newest' aquisition

A Honda CB400 Hawk III Fairing Special.

SAM_0272.jpg

SAM_0273.jpg

SAM_0275.jpg

Now with all the superbikes out there, im sure you're loins werent moving, or youre man vegetables stirring wantonly at the site of this beast :analintruder:

To a collector, its quite something. Its a Japan domestic issue only kit, which means it rarely see's the light of day outside the land of the rising son. Its an early 90's issue kit, which probably means jack poo to all and sundry, but it made my day to get my hands on.

Ok enjoy the rest of you sunday, ill go away now.

steve

Steve, sorry, neither my loins nor my man vegetables haven't budged.... I mean 43hp? After the NR? What are you smokin'?

Edited to add that the fairing looks, well, penile...

Steve, sorry, neither my loins nor my man vegetables haven't budged.... I mean 43hp? After the NR? What are you smokin'?

Edited to add that the fairing looks, well, penile...

Ha haaaaa...

yeah, i know what you mean, but it was a collectable, so bunged in the cupboard.

Steve

Steve, Steve, Steve??? What are you doing??? Lol

Nuff said mate..................

ATB...........

Well its quite clear to me that you savages have no taste, WHATSOEVER, so i just shant bother exposing you to the more collectable side to our hobby anymore...

:rofl:

However... BIG NEWS.

The darling love of my life beautiful woman type thingy (her indoors) has finally conceeded a little.

Im buying a, whats the word, 'pre loved', XR500R for use on my next site, (seeing as its 67k's long), at the weekend. Not for use on roads, but I get to have a bike, she still gets to have a husband (who will be VERY thankful :coolio: ) and more importantly...

I GET TO FARKIN RIDE AGAIN.... :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::bouncy::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

(PS, i know i sound like a sad git, oooh me wife wont let me ride, but in SA, It really is a dangerous undertaking and i can see the old bats point...)

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I may well miss the deadline, two days to go and too much to do on it! wee weed off about that but I can't be in two places at once, two weeks SIL visit the rest of the time Slow Festival committee activities and our festival over this last weekend.

Be assured I will finish my entry!

Colin the dissappointed.

Edited by heloman1

I think everyone should give themselves a huge pat on the back for the stunning models that have been entered on the GB

I, for one, shall say its been fun and a pleasure 'working' with you guys and ive learnt a hell of a lot from the chaps on here.

We must do this again.

Keep building the bikes (if for no other reason than to irritate the wingy thing builders...)

Steve

• Like 1

I'd like to echo Steve's sentiments, I've enjoyed watching members build thread, there comment re the various problems or lack during construction and especially the final outcomes.

Congratulation one and all.

Colin

• Like 1

OOPS....

and nearly forgot...

I think we should all give Mish a big :thumbsup: for managing to keep a bunch of hairy ruffian bikers and ex bikers in line and not having to use the naughty step :analintruder:

Well done Mish.

I'd like to thank the guys who initiated this GB and set it it up, and everyone who has either built bikes, or watched and commented. I have really enjoyd it. I don't think I would have built a bike without it, but there it was, and it has been one of my most enjoyable builds for the last year or two, if not longer, when I have been low on inspiration for my usual subjects. I will definately build some more older bikes. Great work everyone! :thumbsup:

Hi All, many thanks to everyone who joined this GB, some superb bikes were entered and built. Congratulations to all who managed to finish a build, to those who did not (and that includes me), I look forward to seeing them completed in due course.

Cheers Wayne

OOPS....

and nearly forgot...

I think we should all give Mish a big :thumbsup: for managing to keep a bunch of hairy ruffian bikers and ex bikers in line and not having to use the naughty step :analintruder:

Well done Mish.

Thanks guys, but like most GB's I leave things up to the hosts and 99% time I never have to do anything other than visit a couple of times a day.

Glad every one enjoyed themselves

I stumbled upon this GB ,not usually my thing , but it did concur with the building of the JG for a local model show, so it was fortuitous that I came upon it. Motorcycle models are a tough go at any time let alone under a dead line. I am happy to see a low fall-out rate and kudos to the members able to complete their kits. I am interested to know how the final out come is arrived at , as it is my first time finishing a model for a GB in a model forum.

Thanks to the hosts and for the interest in my model from visitors and members here at Britmodeller.

Edited by krow113