1/48th Italeri - Hawker Hurricane Mk. I

Decided to crack on with my next project sharpish as my stash is getting bigger.

I was thinking the other day that my wife and daughters will get me at least three kits a year, Christmas, birthday and Fathers Day, probably five is more a more realistic minimum.

That means I need to build at least five a year, assuming I don't buy myself any (really?).

I think I finished four last year, I'd better crack on......

So, here it is......

Erewash-20121210-00254.jpg

Thanks guys :)

@Michael: The harness is included, alongside a couple of canopy handles and the instrument panel fascia on a small PE fret. I dropped one of the harness pieces and thought I'd lost it for good, found it when given up looking for it :S

Here is the instrument panel

Erewash-20121231-00289.jpg

You get a choice of a full instrument panel decal or one to use with the PE, except the instrument dials don't actually line up with the holes in the PE panel :banghead: I had to cut it into 3 sections, it still doesn't line up completely, but short of cutting up further, which would have been a nightmare..... (more of a nightmare....)

• 2 weeks later...

@Radalt: I'll need to see it now.....

here is the latest, although I have put the darker brown camo on the tailplane,  I was going to spray the first coat of azure blue on tonight but I thought I'd better leave the tail plane paint cure overnight before I put any masking tape over it. 

Erewash-20130112-00304.jpg

Erewash-20130112-00302.jpg

I reckon the white balance is way off in the green tail pic..

I saw the sea hurricane at a local shop the other day.. I was sorely tempted to take it, considering it's based on this kit.. Looking at this isn't helping my wallet.

I tend to use my Blackberry to take pics, I'm not sure how to alter the balance :-(           The light at the moment is rubbish as well.

I'd say get it Michael, It's my first 1/48th build, but not the only one in my stash, detail-wise, it's one of the better ones and the decal sheet is very nice. 

May i know what color did you use as interior green? i noticed that some are bright green and some almost khaki look.

I should really say what I used when I post the pics  :oops:   It's Gretchin Green foundation paint from Games Workshop with a Devlan Mud wash (also GW) over the top.

I tend to use Games Workshop paint for all brush work and Vallejo Air for the airbrush.

Looking really good, great progress.

I am building the sea hurricane and would recommend the kit highly (so far)

I am particularly impressed with the fit of the engine cowling's but not so with the horizontal stab's.

Watching with much interest.

Steve.

• Like 1

Thanks Steve :-)

I've bleached the middle of the panels with a slightly lighter shade, mixed a few drops of white into the original colour, and then applied a gloss varnish.

Then all over with Promodeller dirty wash, washed it all of with damp kitchen roll and.............

Erewash-20130118-00313.jpg

Erewash-20130118-00316.jpg