revell 2013 for the year

pperkins

A new tool 1/48 Tornado! Wow!

Cool

03987 Tornado IDS – new mold - release date: October 2013

But with seamless air intakes? That's the question.

Otherwise it will look like all the others 1/48th Tornado kits...

intakeshowthrough.jpg

Source: http://www.britmodel...pic=41559&st=20

A recap of Revell 2013 (January- November)

Sources:

http://www.ipmsdeuts..._News_2013.html

http://www.plastik-m...iten-2013/2013/

http://community.rev...bf97b7541f234ac

http://www.plastik-m...ten-i2013/2012/

Aircraft & Helicopters 1/144

04843 Junkers Ju52/3m - reedition Eduard (February 2013)

04846 Tornado ECR Tigermeet 2011 - reedition (March 2013)

04928 P-51B Mustang - reedition (May 2013)

04929 P-47D Thunderbolt - reedition (May 2013)

04930 F4U-1 Corsair - reedition (May 2013)

04931 F6F-3 Hellcat - reedition (May 2013)

04932 P-40E Warhawk - reedition (May 2013)

04933 F4F-4 Wildcat - reedition (May 2013)

04934 SBD-5 Dauntless - reedition (May 2013)

04935 P-39Q Airacobra - reedition (May 2013)

04858 Sikorsky CH-53 G - reedition (June 2013)

03989 Airbus A 350-900 – new mold (October 2013)

04842 SpaceShip Two & White Knight Two – new mold (October 2013)

Aircraft & Helicopters 1/72

04838 Hudson Mk. I/II Patrol Bomber - reedition MPM (February 2013)

04839 Mil Mi-24 Hind D/E - reedition Zvezda (February 2013)

04844 F-16 C "SOLO TÜRK" - reedition with new decals (February 2013)

04847 Tornado Lechfeld Tiger 2011 - reedition with new decals (March 2013)

04845 Fairey Gannet T5 - new variant (March 2013)

04848 Northrop F-89 D/J Scorpion - reedition (April 2013)

04854 F-101B Voodoo – reedition (May 2013)

04856 Junkers Ju 88C-6 Nachtjäger – new variant (May 2013)

03985 Hawker Sea Hurricane Mk.IIc – reedition (June 2013)

03984 P-47M Thunderbolt – reedition (August 2013)

04999 Saab JAS-39C Gripen – new mold (November 2013)

04833 MD 520 NOTAR - new mold (November 2013)

Aircraft & Helicopters 1/48

04835 Supermarine Seafire F Mk XV - reedition MPM (January 2013)

05722 F4U Corsair ‘Flying Bull’ – reedition with new decals (April 2013)

05725 B-25H Mitchell ‘Flying Bull’ – reedition with new decals (April 2013)

05726 North American T-28 Trojan ‘Flying Bull’ – reedition with new decals (April 2013)

05723 AH-1F Cobra ‘Flying Bull’ – reedition with new decals (April 2013)

04857 Messerschmitt Bf 110 G-4 Nachtjäger – new variant (June 2013)

04834 Sikorsky CH-53GA (Deutsche Heeresflieger) – updated reedition (July 2013)

03987 Tornado IDS – new mold (October 2013)

Aircraft & Helicopters 1/32

04836 Heinkel He.111H-6 - new variant (January 2013)

04837 Westland Lynx HAS Mk3 - new variant (January 2013)

04849 Bae Hawk T.1 RAF - reedition with new decals (April 2013)

05724 Eurocopter EC-135 ‘Flying Bull’ - new mold - (April 2013)

04659 Eurocopter EC135 - new mold (May 2013)

04656 Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-6 - new mold (May 2013)

03988 Junkers Ju 88 A-4 - new variant (July 2013)

03986 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.II - new mold (August 2013)

04855 Eurofighter Typhoon biplace - new variant (September 2013)

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

There was me thinking the releases seemed to be quite a varied sellection and gave everyone something. Shows how little I know :shrug:

The Seafire is still top of my list so long as the MPM kit wasn't a total dog in the first place and the Tornado may feature as well if it's a good one with GR.1/4 potential.

They had an Z-nose on the original Halifax sprues, though removed from the releases. Many part numbers are missing from this release, and Revell have made a clear hint that a Mk.III was among their intentions. However, given that a Mk.V undercarriage was included on the sprues, I'd have thought that one of these was the most obvious second release, with a Z-nose, with a choice of bomber or target-tug.

However, I gather that a number of their larger Luftwaffe releases have shown evidence of expected later releases which have not come. Whether this is due to disappointing sales figures, moving priorities or long-term strategies only Revell will know.

I do have some doubts as to the effect of reviews on sales figures, suspecting that it is marginal at best. Equally, I can certainly speak for myself in saying that had it been of acceptable quality, I'd have bought more than one, so the poor quality can also be said to have influenced sales negatively in that direction too. And on top of that, word of mouth is said to be the best advertising, and that is unlikely to have worked to the kit's advantage. In the end, however, I'm sure that most kits are bought without benefit of reviews/previous encounters/word-of-mouth. Many reviewers and builders (like those of its Matchbox predecessor) have totally ignored even gross errors and gone ahead to even praise the thing. To be fair, it does have quite a lot that can be said in its favour.

There are a number of features of the kit that go unmentioned in the instructions. I am left with the feeling that this was intended to be an ultimate Halifax kit/tooling, and that the plans were aborted partway through. How much this was due to the realisation that part of it was horrible wrong I can only speculate.

Edited by Graham Boak

im also surprised at the non apperance of a radial engined Halifax

but then again i was initially put off by adverts and advanced images featuring what turned out to be the Matchbox kit

(which could be seen as a fatal publicity mistake especially to kids....)

then when i finally saw pix of the new tool , those fat engines just looked wrong

so instead of multiple sales to me they made none....... (and im therefore partly resposnible for the radials non-apperance)

sigh (or it was canned outright when Revell Germany got "retrieved" by Revell usa :( )

I wonder what the reaction from the home audience is, I wonder if the Germans are as excited by Revell's release schedule as we were (on the whole) about Airfix's?

I wonder if they looked at Airfix's, shrugged their shoulders and said "It's OK, nothing much to write home about".

I'll be getting the 1/72nd Ju-88C-6 when it comes out and the F-101B but that's all that floats my boat as it were.

Wez

Well the Tonka by its self has got me very interested! As has been mentioned, if it's an upscaled version of the 1/72 kit (with seperate flaps and slats added..) then it'll be a real cracker.

I've been thinking about getting a 1/32 Hawk and typhoon but I think I'll hang on now, especially interested to see what the new boxing of the typhoon is.

A new tooled 1/32 Spit Mk2, and everyone is giving the big yawn.. for 1/5th the price of the Tamiya Mk9, man you guys are hard to please!..

Overall a pretty nice schedule for those interested is things bigger than 72nd.., I'm glad I held off on the Lynx, and an excuse to buy more Hawks great .. I'm happy...

According to IPMS Germany the 1/48 Tornado IDS is a new Tool, Also the T90 is 1/72 not 1/35, but they are doing a new tool 1/35 Dingo ( modern Bundeswehr version.

Mark

Am I reading this right? A new tool Enterprise D if it's from Generations?

Revell 04882 NCC Enterprise 1701 (Film XII) 500 05

Neuheit

No, I don't think so. It says XII/12, I believe (accoring to wikipedia) Generations was 7 (VII). 12 is the forthcoming one, 'Into Darkness'?

Andrew

EDIT: by the way, the original link has pictures:

http://www.plastik-modellbau.org/blog/revell-neuheiten-2013/2013/

Edited by Caution Wake Turbulence

I must say that from 1/72nd scale airplane standpoint, I am more than disappointed with this list.

Nothing new and nothing interesting. For a long time I am waiting for BV 222C with diesel engines, for a continuation of Fw 200 series with early versions (different nacelles and turrets) or for something completely new like Do 17Z for instance.

I can hardly see a logic with Revell choice of subjects - going out on the market with Ju 88 freshly after Hasegawa, Zvezda and Italeri (retooled) released their kits, instead of either providing additional version from Hasegawa molds (like they used to do with other kits) or going with 3rd important bomber that urges for modern kit like Do 17Z.

I was also surprised to see their Halifax boxing has mentioned Mk.I version, yet the box content not only doesn't provide decals for it, but also unique parts for this version which are drawn in the instructions (and shadowed as not for use) were cut off from sprues.

One could also wonder what in the world prevents them from releasing F-16D, EA-18G and some other kits for which they have little to do.

I really cannot understand the logic behind their choices and decisions, but at least regarding Revell in 2013, my wallet content will remain intact.

Well, I'll have the Hudson. I have the Almark sheet for PRU types and quite fancy the sea green with diagonal sky stripes one.

I'm prepared for the battle to stick it together...

Whacky!

Trevor

I can hardly see a logic with Revell choice of subjects - going out on the market with Ju 88 freshly after Hasegawa, Zvezda and Italeri (retooled) released their kits, instead of either providing additional version from Hasegawa molds (like they used to do with other kits) or going with 3rd important bomber that urges for modern kit like Do 17Z.

I for one am glad that Revell did bring out a 1/72nd kit of the Ju-88, it's far better than the Zvezda and Italeri kit (haven't got a Hasegawa kit so I can't compare) and costs roughly about the same as either of those (or only a little bit more). I can buy 2 to 3 Revell Ju-88's for the price of one Hasegawa one and as far as I can see, I'm getting the better end of the deal!

It's been pointed out many times the Italeri/Zvezda kits don't make money for Revell, whilst a Hasegawa kit in a Revell box may make some money for Revell but not as much as their own kit in their own box.

Revell bringing out a quality kit of a subject that other manufacturers have done at a competitive price should do two things, firstly, it should make the manufacturer of the inferior product up their game and produce a better product next time around and secondly, make the manufacturer/importer of the more expensive product address their pricing policy.

Both Italeri and Zvezda produce better kits now compared to when they produced their Ju-88's, Hasegawa (or their UK importers), are yet to get the message on prices.

Wez

Edited by Wez

Sadly there were no engine cowlings appropriate to the Mk.I shown on the Revell kit. I presume you meant parts 209, but the Mk.I cowlings are deeper than the Mk.IIs with their central "blip", not just the same curve without the "blip". (Please excuse my lack of a more correct term!) Other parts such as the side windows were provided, although not the twin Vickers.

Afterthought. I suppose it might have been possible to convert part 209 to something resembling the Mk.I cowlings slightly more easily that it would be to convert either of the others.

Edited by Graham Boak

A new tooled 1/32 Spit Mk2, and everyone is giving the big yawn.. for 1/5th the price of the Tamiya Mk9, man you guys are hard to please!..

Much as I love Spitfires, I don't build anything outside of 72nd. Revell could be giving them away and I still wouldn't have one. Revell won't be getting anything out of me this year either.

Edited by The wooksta V2.0