1/48th Lancaster MkII.

Graham

This must be old be I am still looking around the site . . . .

Does anybody know if Graham finished this ?

Like others, I have not seen the Mk II in 48th and now with hindsight, wish I had purchased a lot more Paragon stuff . . . .

• 1 year later...

Decided with all the Lanc action going on to rescue the MkII from the shelf of doom, I have only included a few pics as good old photobucket screwed the previous ones up. It gives you a peek of what's involved and there are other pics if anyone needs to see more of the build, I am working on the outer wing flaps at present.

paragon_bits.jpg

lancaster_Mk_II_eng1.jpg

lancaster_flap_6.jpg

lanc_update.jpg

Graham

• Like 8

Was chatting with a chap who flew the Mk II operationally last year. I'm surprised by one of the earlier comments about it being a hot rod, he reckoned it was underpowered. Apparently it struggled for height, leaving it below the main bomber stream and an easier target for night fighters. Looking forward to seeing the end result, best of luck sir!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, isaneng said:

Was chatting with a chap who flew the Mk II operationally last year. I'm surprised by one of the earlier comments about it being a hot rod, he reckoned it was underpowered. Apparently it struggled for height, leaving it below the main bomber stream and an easier target for night fighters. Looking forward to seeing the end result, best of luck sir!

That will be the supercharging. The Lancaster's Merlins and the Hercules engines had different curves of power at density altitude. The Hercules engines did make considerably more power at sea level than the Merlins did in Lancs. At altitude it's a different story.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Started the lower flaps and here's what I managed after 4 hours!!!! Damn fiddly to say the least.

lanc_flaps.jpg

lanc_flaps_1.jpg

Johnny here's my take on the green/black in the cockpit area.

tamiyalancinterior_zps6338b0a1.jpg

Tamiya_Lancinterior2_zpsbe8a78c2.jpg

Graham

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...