1/48th Lancaster MkII.

Graham

Here's my latest project converting the old Tamiya Lanc using the Paragon MkII conversion, started by moving the wireless op's window 1cm rearwards and filling in the windows and aerials. The Lanc I am basing it on is Fanny Ferkin II, DS842, JI-F from 514 Sqd and from pics I can find she didn't have these.

TamiyaLancbits_zpsb669068f.jpg

TamiyaLanc_zpsd41e47c5.jpg

Graham

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Here's the stage the Lanc is at I am finding those wee pesky etched parts a bind :fight: or is it the eye sight and old age catching up :evil_laugh: anyway she's been scribed and cockpit started not brilliant but it will do.

tamiyalancscrib_zpsdbe5c751.jpg

tamiyalancinterior_zps6338b0a1.jpg

pilotseat_zps42a0cfe3.jpg

pilotseat1_zpsac47ed0d.jpg

HI Graham

have a search in the WWII section, there is a thread or two on the interior of Lancs, and that the 'leather' parts were in racing green. [and probably not leather]

one of the threads is here. http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/78745-dambuster-lancaster-colour-questions/

There is another where someone mentions that the seat material was a leather cloth used on bus seats IIRC...

edit - here you go

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234933074-colour-of-leather-things-in-aircraft-cockpits-raf/

HTH

T

Edited by Troy Smith

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

A bit more progress, fuselage together, tail feathers done and all dry fitted. Drilled out the spinners and fitted the prop blades using the UMM prop jig which was a breeze to use and now the brutish good looks are showing through.

prop%20jig_zpswoe1n087.jpg

prop%201_zps8wtdo16u.jpg

prop%202_zpsopfmk0k9.jpg

prop%203_zpsx0ffayzf.jpg

Graham

My wife's uncle was a navigator on Lanc MkII's with 408 Sqdn RCAF , and said it was a hot rod, and one of the best he ever had the pleasure of flying in.... awesome job Graham... I have the kit but not the paragon conversion..... would love to find that one....

Jeff

• Like 1

• 1 month later...